Please be healthy?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Please be healthy?

Post by magebaby » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:58 am

can anyone tell me what this forum is for/about?

thanks.

mage
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:09 pm

From the "about this forum" post on the PBH board:
sine nomine wrote:The name comes from a DBT concept -- PLEASE. Here we'll be interpreting it as:

take care of Physical iLlness
practice healthy Eating
be aware of how you use mood-Altering substances
balance Sleep
get enough Exercise

This is a place to talk about how you are trying to live a more healthful life. This may mean talking baout how you're changing your eating habits, losing weight, learning to exercise more, reducing or changing your use of mood-altering drugs, setting up a sleep schedule, learning to be fit and love your body no matter what weight you are, and otherwise taking care of yourself.
Hope that helps :)

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi mage,

I went ahead and added you to the Please Be Healthy Usergroup so you can have a look around and check it out.

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by magebaby » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:52 am

thanks!

mage
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks