Trouble seeing my watched topics

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Trouble seeing my watched topics

Post by magebaby » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:00 pm

not sure what it is, but when i click on the link to watched topics i either get an error message or i get the forum index. anybody know what's going on?

also, i'm not receiving "topic reply" notifications by email for watched topics anymore.

thanks.

mage
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:35 pm

I'm getting the same thing, but I am getting my e-mail notifications. When the board for updated - a few things weren't here anymore, like the watched topics thing I think.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:15 pm

Check your profile that email on watched topics is checked. I think I had to do something like that when the board was updated.

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:37 pm

Clicking the "Watched Topics" button should have no effect: if you look to the bottom left of the window (assuming you're using IE) it says "http://buslist.org/phpBB"... a direct link to the main page. This feature was lost with a board update.

As for the lack of receiving E-Mail, I don't know... :-?

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:54 pm

I find topics sometimes un-watch themselves, and I have to look them up again and re-select the watch this topic thing.
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place