differences between bus and psyke

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Dina
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Dina » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:02 pm

A Swedish board I was a member of some years ago also had photos like on Psyke and that made me literally end up on the hospital since I felt so bad over that I never could be, as I felt then, as brave as other people who done bigger physical harm to themselves than I. The Swedish site was taken down a while after critical voices in the media.
If I had found BUS while I was still injuring myself I believe it would have helped making me stronger and not put me down like that Swedish board did with their photographs. Though I do understand that the board, just like Psyke is, was really important for many people and that not everyone would be triggered or let themselves be exposed to triggers like I did.
BUS is a place for me even now as a non-selfharmer, and I believe that's something which makes BUS that special place. I'd like to thank you Deb for the incredible work you have done, and is still doing as far as I can understand. I hope you're really proud as you should. :thup: And as a new BUSer with English as a foreign language and used to boards without rules it has been a little tough learning everything but it's absolutely worth it! :) Hoping for a Swedish similiar initiative one day.

kurdt_kobain
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by kurdt_kobain » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:44 pm

Dina wrote: And as a new BUSer with English as a foreign language and used to boards without rules it has been a little tough learning everything but it's absolutely worth it! :) Hoping for a Swedish similiar initiative one day.
Your English is amazing.
trying to follow in the footsteps of the masters,
but it's a lot harder than it looks because even though
they had the same size feet as us, they weren't looking
down the whole time while they walked to make sure
they were doing it right.
[story people]

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:50 pm

kurdt_kobain wrote:
Dina wrote: And as a new BUSer with English as a foreign language and used to boards without rules it has been a little tough learning everything but it's absolutely worth it! :) Hoping for a Swedish similiar initiative one day.
Your English is amazing.
I agree.
Also, we're not into yelling at people who didn't intend to break the rules, or who just forgot. We all make mistakes, and for the most part, the mods and admins are here to help. I think it's very cool that people for whom English isn't a first language come and use BUS. It's always amazing to me what a diverse group we are!

:redstar: prox. :redstar:
[gnuoy os kool uoy]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery