Forum not on index page???

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Kasie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Forum not on index page???

Post by Kasie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:51 am

I was just accepted into the SHACA forum, but it's not coming up on my index page... can it sometimes take a while? Or is it somewhere else hiding from me??? :)
<center>:purpheart: :blueheart: :purpstar: :bluestar: There is a solution to EVERY problem...:bluestar: :purpstar: :blueheart: :purpheart:</center>

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:04 am

the thing about shaca is that it doesn't have a forum. neither does babs. it's a random weirdness (or distractions, i forget which) thing.

deb
pllace

[blockquote]Facts are not frightening. But if you try to avoid them,
turn your back and run, then that is frightening. -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Why are we so frightened of what is?
What is the good of running away if whatever we are is always there? -- Krishnamurti[/blockquote]

Kasie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by Kasie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:18 am

thanks deb... I'll go for a look around :)
<center>:purpheart: :blueheart: :purpstar: :bluestar: There is a solution to EVERY problem...:bluestar: :purpstar: :blueheart: :purpheart:</center>

Something Else
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Something Else » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:06 am

What are SHACA and BABS? I saw them on the list, but they didn't make sense like other things, such as the Please be Healthy forum or Debating Society. Is there any thread that explains it? I tried looking it up on the search button, but couldn't find anything useful.

Just curiosity, really. And now, knowing there's no forums, I'm really confused about what they are.

Ray

ben
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ben » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:39 am

they're just a fun thing ray.

your best bet is to ask someone with either mentioned in their signature about how it came about :)
"Knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and god was not there.The cold,suffocating dark goes on forever,and we are alone.Live our lives, lacking anything better to do.Devise reason later.Born from oblivion;bear children,hellbound as ourselves;go into oblivion.There is nothing else.Existence is random.Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long.No meaning save what we choose to impose."

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 am

ben wrote:they're just a fun thing ray.

your best bet is to ask someone with either mentioned in their signature about how it came about :)
yeah ..SHACA is Self Harmers Against Cat Accusations, I think.. and I can never remember what BABS is...
but just silly stuff for fun.

:star: prox. :star:
[lovelovelovelovelovelove]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
:grystar: :grystar: :grystar:
in recovery

kurdt_kobain
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by kurdt_kobain » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:28 am

I think SHACA was created by Twinky. It's basically a joke--we shouldn't blame cats for our scars because our feline friends endure enough hate. ;-)

BABS (I think) was created by Deskana. It's Bussers Against Bush S______. I forget the S. It's basically stop blaming Bushes, too.

They're jokes, and not really a distractions/rw thing as much as a board wide joke.
trying to follow in the footsteps of the masters,
but it's a lot harder than it looks because even though
they had the same size feet as us, they weren't looking
down the whole time while they walked to make sure
they were doing it right.
[story people]

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:14 am

kurdt_kobain wrote:BABS (I think) was created by Deskana. It's Bussers Against Bush S______. I forget the S. It's basically stop blaming Bushes, too.
:lol: this makes sense. now I know why I've always had this vague impression that BABS was political :o
hahahahhhaha
wow.
go me. I'm a winner.

:blkstar: prox. :blkstar:
[I bite my nails, and I like to sleep.]
Amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still forever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.
Moby Dick
in recovery

Something Else
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Something Else » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:38 am

You don't want to know what I thought bush scars referred to :o

Ray

Proximity
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Proximity » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:14 am

JadedNaive wrote:You don't want to know what I thought bush scars referred to :o
I think my imagination just got the better of me :o ohgod. hadn't thought of that ... :-?

wow.

:blkstar: prox. :blkstar:
[I bite my nails, and I like to sleep.]
Moby Dick
in recovery