is it possible to increase the font size?

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Thunder_chey

is it possible to increase the font size?

Post by Thunder_chey » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi, im a little visualy impared and the font size of this board is so small its very diffricult to read. I have my standard web broser set to largest font, but the font on here comes out to be around 8 pica or so. I need about 14 to read comfterbly. It would be healpfull if I could have bigger font.

Thanks and sorry to be a bother.

Chey :uhhh: :o

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:12 pm

Hey. Last time I made my font bigger through IE, it worked with bus: so maybe try it again? Otherwise I don't know. You can get like magnifying screens or something to make it bigger too can't you? I'm not sure.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

guest11
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus

Post by guest11 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:51 pm

On most Windows based computer systems there is an on screen magnifier that turns the top of the screen into a magnifying glass... it follows your mouse. If you move your mouse over the words, it magnifies them at the top.

To get it from Windows XP, go to... Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Magnifier. You can even change the order of magnification to make it even bigger. Give it a try, if you have it. :)

Slightly Crazy
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by Slightly Crazy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:49 pm

chey

there is a browser i use called Mozilla Firefox, its basically netscape ut bethere, there is an option on it where ucan just press ctr up/down and u can make the font really really ERALLY big (or raelly really really small)

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:46 pm

Slightly Crazy wrote:chey

there is a browser i use called Mozilla Firefox, its basically netscape ut bethere, there is an option on it where ucan just press ctr up/down and u can make the font really really ERALLY big (or raelly really really small)
oooh i use that and it doesn't get bigger for me!
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:27 am

same here...
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto

Thunder_chey

fixed it thanks!

Post by Thunder_chey » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:08 am

Thanks, I actualy ended up looking in exploror options and check marked the box saying ignore font size (bla bla). Its much easier to read. I should use the magnifyer program you mentioned slightly crazy. Hey could you get me the link sometime. Just msn me thats fine. I will ask you on msn anyhow. ttyl!

Chey

swirlish
board admin
board admin

Post by swirlish » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:57 am

If you are visually impaired, can I suggest a text to speech program? It is a program that will read the text on the screen out loud for you. I have set it up for friends and they love it.

http://www.deskbot.com is a good one

Good luck!