Technical problems getting the best of me

news about changes and fixes to the board, and a place to post any technical queries.

Moderator: staff

Junebug44
creating your space
creating your space

Technical problems getting the best of me

Post by Junebug44 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:09 am

Hi,
You all are doing such a fantastic job! Thank you for all the obvious work you put into keeping this board running smoothly. You are very much appreciated!

Now, as for running smoothly. . .I've been having a few problems for awhile that I can't find help for (nor can fix) in any of the posts.

1. Used to be when I signed on, the new posts showed up in yellow to the left of each forum. Now everything's gray--light gray or dark gray (kinda like Seattle weather). I use phpVB2 board style. I've all but turned off my firewall's security level, in case that had anything to do with it. I also have deleted any cookies ahead of time. Help?

2. In the signature portion of my posts, I have a quote and a picture. I've followed all the suggestions for centering, making text smaller, and making the picture in my signature smaller to no avail. I thought I was fairly good at technical stuff, but I sure don't get how to do these things.

3. When I sign on, the first thing I used to do was to view all the posts since my last visit. I used to get a page or two, but now all it says is "No topics or posts met your search criteria."

4. There is one other thing which I asked before but couldn't get to work: Every time I sign on, I click the "remember my password" button but I guess that doesn't mean that it will remember for the next time I sign on. Or does it??? A rather minor problem, so if it can't be fixed, that's ok.

I know you all have lives beyond this board and work, take care of kids, families, animals. I feel kind of selfish asking for help for mere technical stuff. But if you can tell me if there is something I'm supposed to do to my computer (other than throttle it) before I sign on that would help me to do these things above, I'd be so, so appreciative!

Thanks so much!
Junebug
<center>Sometimes I feel like an ugly, broken doll.</center>
<center>Image</center>

sanabas
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by sanabas » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:38 am

1 & 3 sound like you're not actually logged in. Check the links at the top of the page, see if they include the option 'login' or 'logout [your name]'

For part 2, if you want it to say:

<center>Image</center>

Then put in

Code: Select all

<center>[img]http://busmail.org/gallery/albums/hosted/broken_dolls.thumb.jpg[/img]</center>
I just copied that image url by clicking on properties from your sig.

Junebug44
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Junebug44 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:07 pm

Thanks Sanabas!! :boingrin:

I'm finally centered!!!!!

~Junebug :)
<center>Image</center>