ugh before... I'm gonna white knuckle it

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

DJ_CJ
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

ugh before... I'm gonna white knuckle it

Post by DJ_CJ » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:44 am

• I’ve got this big blob of ugh! in my life. If anything happens to make it bigger I’ll be fucked up beyond repair. I need someone to know that something is wrong. I need someone to listen without judgment. I need someone to hold me, rub my arms and say you need to stop doing that, not because I’m telling you to or because you want to but because the FACT is you need to. I don’t know anyone who can do all three.
• Do I need to hurt myself? I feel like I do. I should help myself and speak up. Why do I feel like it’s cheating to help myself?
• My efforts to survive by SI could kill me but I avoid redemption for fear I can't handle the journey. Either way I could die. Redemption yields better results yet I trust SI much more. The easy way is usually not the right way. Dang it. That made sense but I am so confused. Feel free to comment. Doubt anyone reads this anyway.
Focusing "inward" can be good for self-improvement but like a microphone pointed at a speaker it can create a feedback loop that multiplies exponentially if not stopped. Just like a mic you need to "ride" the volume control in your mind or forever be deafened. Don't live with the squeal of constant negative thoughts. I wish you a clearer more positive focus. Good Luck

Lynds
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Lynds » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Hey

I read and it sounds really confusing and overwhelming for you right now. Whichever path you choose to take I hope you find what you're looking for.

It is so unbearably hard to give up SI when it's all you've known, trusted and thought about for so long but sometimes it can be beneficial. I know it's cheesey but someone once said to me "It's not gona be easy, it's gona be worth it" and that sorta helped pull me through...sometimes.

I can't offer any advice, sorry, but I'll be thinking of you. :bfly:

moll_drum
building community
building community

Post by moll_drum » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:42 am

HI,

just letting you know that I read, and am listening. I am sorry you feel unsafe.

cat
Gotta keep moving
cos it hurts if I stand still
can't start thinking
gotta find that strength of will