after - dang it!

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

okie
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

after - dang it!

Post by okie » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:43 pm

I'd made it since New Year's Eve. Two things that piss me off about this time. 1) I had the nerve to blame it on my H on a message I left on my T's voicemail (has anybody invented a machine to recall messages left and later regretted?) He said something insensitive - after we'd been drinking. Why couldn't I just let it go? And he didn't do the cutting. I did. So, why on earth would I say he made me cut?

And 2) I'd been under amazing stress in NOLA this week, going to help my brother who is very unwell. I was so amazed that I didn't have the slightest urge to cut. I was thinking this must be behind me. It just came out of nowhere. I was cutting before I even knew what I was doing. I didn't stop, think, deliberate, nothing. It just happened.

And I'm also pissed off because I just ordered a new outfit yesterday for a special event in two weeks. It's really cute but has short sleaves. I'm thinking two weeks won't be long enough for this to go away. I feel to stupid!!! Mostly, it's the fact that it took me by surprise. I just didn't think I'd be here again.
Vice President, ANSA
Hang on, hang in, hang tough, hang out,
but don't hang up!
FELOn - saved on the ARC

pandablue
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by pandablue » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:27 am

Odette
I'm all for finding one of those recall silly messages left...mostly on T's phone answering services. We could probably become millionaires with the invention.

You are not stupid like you said you've been through a lot and sometimes I find with me it's kind of like an after shock. Just takes one more thing to push me over. It happens

take good care of the wound and maybe it will be a fast healer

Panda

Feb 22,2006

for Jag

new scribbles

okie
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by okie » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:53 am

Thanks. Well, it certainly gives me something to talk about with T. Also, I think it will be OK in two weeks time. I've been coddling it/them with golden seal, comfrey, etc. and it's not looking as bad as it felt through the night.

oh
Vice President, ANSA
Hang on, hang in, hang tough, hang out,
but don't hang up!
FELOn - saved on the ARC