beef ore - two possiblities

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

okie
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

beef ore - two possiblities

Post by okie » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:00 am

I hate being here. I said I wouldn't come to BUS any more (it's personal, nothing against BUS). I FEEL like I have nowhere else to go.

I hope I don't cut. The last time was new year's eve. I made no resolutions, but that would be a convenient date by which to remember...

So, "beef" = meat -- will I cut?

"ore" = something mined that possesses great riches. Can I dig deep enough tonight?

I play my word games and have fun. But no one can join me. The journey is too dark to follow. I read poetry, listen to it in song's form, and wonder at it. It tells my life. I have a need. It is deep. Just typing this makes the desire to cut subside -- a bit. I need to think about my need, how it's not being met. Why do I want to cut this need from me? It's like punctuation. Be certain of what you are saying.

This is way big for me -- just posting. I don't know if I'll be back. I suspect I will. I'd love to be able to avoid cutting tonight. Not terribly hopeful. I can't even imagine being able to find the questions to ask myself. I'm just being self indulgent here. I know this is not the place for that and I am sorry.
Vice President, ANSA
Hang on, hang in, hang tough, hang out,
but don't hang up!
FELOn - saved on the ARC

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:09 am

Can you itentify the need?

What do you need for the need to be met?

Self indulgent is not a bad thing especially if it leads to taking care of your needs.

We are here to listen

Jo
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:35 am

Hi Okie.

I just wanted to let you know that I read.

Do what it takes to keep yourself safe.

okie
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by okie » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:58 pm

Thanks. Well, I made to off to bed without cutting. Yay me. I also am garnering the courage to talk with my T about an issue I've managed to avoid with her for the three and a half years I've been with her. I figure I'm just not going to move further ahead if I don't deal with it. So, wish me luck.

Thanks for listening. I'll be going away again. It was a weak moment last night.
Vice President, ANSA
Hang on, hang in, hang tough, hang out,
but don't hang up!
FELOn - saved on the ARC

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:25 pm

I'm glad you made it through the night and way to go on deciding to talk to your t about some major issues.
That takes a lot of strength and courage.

You don't have to leave

Always here to listen
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:34 am

Good luck, Okie. I hope things go well in therapy. Well done on making it through the night.

If you need us, we'll be here.

:star: