Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Kaelyn
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Before

Post by Kaelyn » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:44 pm

Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
People give me the feeling that they are "betraying" me. My mom blames me for everything bad that is going on in the family right now. My rowing team decided I didn't fit in and they said I couldn't join them for the second year. One of my friends has walked out on me. My therapist is still being an asshole. I am almost at the SU point again. too many things in such a short time.

Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
I have been there before. Not exactly the same situations, but also a heap of things in a too short time. Didn't deal with it. I cut it away. Which made me feel guilty.

What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
I've been posting on BUS, talking to people on the phone, done some puzzles (sudoku), made tea, played with the cat.
I could still try taking a walk outside, but so far nobody will come with me.

How do I feel right now?
I feel hurt and abandoned. (on second thought...perhaps discarded fits the description better)

How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
free. no troubles. relief.

How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
guilty. mad at myself because then I would have even more to hide.

Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
I cant avoid people blaming me or walking out on me/shoving me aside.
And after 21 years of life I still don't know how to deal with it. Even though it happened so many times before

Do I need to hurt myself?
yes and no
I should be able to deal with it - however Im too weak. :roll:
still trying not to. I want to beat it.
my place (visitors welcome)
fall seven times, stand up eight

Hope blooms, even in the darkest of places

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:23 pm

Anne,
i wish I
I am so sorry to hear about all of those disappointments. I wish I had some great words of wisdom to impart, but it is a very tough situation.

For the rowing team, is there some way you can row somewhere else? Or learn skulling?

It sounds like getting out of the house, or using more of your distractions might help. (it is good that you've tried so many already.)

if you want to talk, I'm only a pm away. :star:

Kaelyn
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Kaelyn » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:37 pm

I'm going to try skulling with someone else, but so far we can't get a coach...
and we need one because we dont have the skull (for a 2x-) licence yet..
..we need one to get that license, or we are not allowed to take out boats on our own.

don't feel up to talking too much about it right now so I probably won't pm you, but thank you for being there. :star:
my place (visitors welcome)
fall seven times, stand up eight

Hope blooms, even in the darkest of places