after

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

elfmaid
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

after

Post by elfmaid » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:23 am

My best friend took care of my physical wounds. I couldn't. What happened that led up to this was my feeling that my daughter couldn't handle her boyfriend being my best friend and I thought that I was going to lose the best things that have ever happened to me. That was too much for me to take. I had to let something out. I usually go online and my computer was down. I can't avoid these things that cause this kind of intense emotion, even trying to avoid them will cause them. When my friend took care of me, he promised to take care of me forever, so I know that I can go to him if this happens again. My computer is back up so I can go online too. I'm becoming urgey, so I need to stop now and grab a smoke. This is my first time on before and after so please let me know how I did. I really want to make this work.

strmdncr
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by strmdncr » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:50 am

You posted the after, and answered the questions as you needed to is what I see. I don't think there is any right or wrong way to answer the questions, I think the questions are just there as a guideline to help people who don't know what they want to say. It sounds like a lot of confusing things going on for you and I hope everything works out as best possible for you.
A friend is someone who believes in you even when you've ceased to believe in yourself. (unknown)

strmdncr's sanctuary
strmdncr speaks