Sliped :(

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

silvertears
settling in
settling in

Sliped :(

Post by silvertears » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:37 pm

have you taken care of your physiacl wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.
They are fine.....

what had happened just before?

I was in a downer mood and was tired of feeling rather numb. I starting drinking and one thing lead to the other.

what were you thinking and feeling?

I was thinking that I was alone and deserved to be alone. I was thinking about how the people I am letting into my life are just goingt o be like others who ahve hurt me.

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was the final straw? what was it?
Iwanted to feel, I was holding back for a while and I jsut wanted it soo bad.

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events that led up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decisiona nd not arrived at the final straw.
I tryed to pray but I felt like my prayers wasn't reaching God. I should have then took my recover bible and started reading out of it. I should have given my streangth to God an dlet Him handle it.

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
Acohol was an issue.... yes

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?
I tryed to pray but I felt lost.

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?
I could have read the bible, played the 15 min game. came on bus.....

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.
I will wear my God strong braclet... and I will keep things taht remind me of Him all through my room.

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?

I feel that I was thinking all wrong. I was putting the old tape in and not letting god take over my friendships.

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?
Yes I will be in that place again... I always seem to go there. I wil try to stay in line with god.

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.
I will pray and give my struggle to God.
I will call my accountablity partener.
I will read the word!

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:18 pm

I tryed to pray but I felt like my prayers wasn't reaching God.
Have you marked Bible quotes that move you during a time like that? It might be a good idea to mark passages that inspire you both to resist SI urges and to trust that your prayers are heard.

(also you mentioned that alcohol was a factor-how will you deal with that in the future?)