poop

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

sassy koala
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

poop

Post by sassy koala » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:19 pm

have you taken care of your physiacl wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.
-as well as they're gonna get taken care of. Not too significant of an injury

what had happened just before?
-drinking, generally just wallowing in self pity and anger

what were you thinking and feeling?
-anger, self pity, sadness, helplessness, and probably rejection of some sort

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was teh final straw? what was it?
-lonliness, and the mouse i nthe house

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events thatled up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decisiona nd not arrived at the final straw.
-left the house, gone by tim at work

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
-alcohol, and I've been getting less sleep now that tims on 2nd and there's amouse that I'm afraid of and doggy barks at 5 or 6 am.

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?
-not well. reading. watching tv.

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?
-leaving the house.

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.
-i do remember them, I just chose to ignore them

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?
-no. not resolved. not sure if it will ever be resolved. it will take alot of hard work.

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?
-yes. i frequently am. i think i chose si over su that night. again.

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.
eating, sleeping, taking dog for walk

dreams
growing roots
growing roots

Post by dreams » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:46 pm

Hi SK sorry it took me so long to reply.

Is there anything you could do about the mouse? Someway to get rid of it so you wouldn't need to be scared.
sassy koala wrote: i do remember them, I just chose to ignore them
Why do you chose to ignore them?
sassy koala wrote: not resolved. not sure if it will ever be resolved. it will take alot of hard work.
Just because it will take a lot of hard work doesn't mean it's not worth it. Are you prepared to work on these issues? Do you see a therapist about them?

Take Care of yourself

Dreams :clover:
<center>

:redstar: I have been SI-free since 22nd November 2004 :redstar:

</center>

Wendy
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Wendy » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:42 pm

I agree with what Dream said. Getting support is really important. SI is definately better than SU, but I hope you can get some help to get at what's underneath that is hurting.

Hugs,
Wendy