before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

depressed1
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

before

Post by depressed1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 am

-how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?

i will feel better for now and get rid of my current urges

-what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?

Bring: relief for now, and worry about me from some people.....
take way: my urges and current depressed state

-how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?

i want to feel like i don't need SI anymore, its taking me farther away.

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?

Lately it's been daily. I hope it will last the night time at least. What do I do then... well... try to delay myself AGAIN and si eventually...

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?

i could talk to someone, write more poems, go to sleep, play a video game.
it will last for a couple of hours at the most....

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?

i'll feel less urged and more relieved, i will still feel the same possibly a slight bit better or worse.

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

i want to bleed and to relieve my urges.

Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?

my heart being broken again and my pain being too unbearable...

Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?

i SI'd and stopped eating entirely

What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?

i've distracted myself and it hasn't been working.
i could talk to someone or write, or go to sleep.

How do I feel right now?

like SI and SU, horribly urgy and very depressed

How will I feel when I am hurting myself?

Relief, feeling the urges leaving

How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
i'll feel relieved less urgy and somewhat more happy but ashamed that i gave into the urges

Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
go to sleep, talk with my T more openly, get to the proper meds/dosing, write more, find a better way to work through stuff

Do I need to hurt myself?
no but i really really want to and don't really see why not to?[/b]
I'm not the one you want i'll only let you down i guess you could say i'm just feeling sorry for myself (intensity in ten cities by chiodos)

and all is quiet but the drop of my gun as i want to belong to someone, but maybe life's not for everyone (black orchid by justin furstenfeld)

REPLIES VERY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

SI free since
feb 3rd..

Han is my wifey!!!!!!