Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

bluflame02
creating your space
creating your space

Before

Post by bluflame02 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 am

• how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
    i will probably feel better at first then start regretting it and then feel much much worse
  • what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
    hurting myself only complicates the situation, im not sure what it would take away from the situation.
  • how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
    i want to feel better and more in control, hurting myself definitly takes me farther from that.
  • if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?
  • what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
    i could go jogging, or ridee my bike, it wont change the situation i will just be distracted. i dont know how long the distraction would last, and i dont know what i would do then and it scares/annoys me.
  • how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
    i would feel worse im sure, if i can be distracted that long i will hopefully feel better and im going to eat gyros with a friend that will make me feel better.
  • what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?
i really really want to do something anything to feel better and more in control of my damn self. i dont know what i can do..

More Before Questions To Answer
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
    I feel out of control of my life and emotions. i think i have fallen in love with my friend and even though we have talked about it some she doesnt really get it i think. she makes it soo hard for me to hang out with her bcuz she acts liek a tease and tries to make me jealous. I dont think she totally notices that shes doing it. Shes my best friend and i dont want to lose her as a friend and i just feel like i cant control any part of that situation. i cant deal with the situation much longer the way it is but i dont want to have to lose my best friend either. My brother is also part of the reason i wanna hurt myself. A couple weeks ago he told me he disowned me and he called me yesterday and just made me feel like crap all over again.
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
    sort of and when i was here before i had friends to help me with it. right now they are all at work :( I felt alot better when my friends helped me out
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
    I already went biking once, i took took some anxiety medicine to try and at least get a handle on that part of my emotions. I can watch a movie or call some far away friends on the phone
  • How do I feel right now?
    i feel slightly better than when i started this but i still feel not good.
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
    I will feel numb
  • Do I need to hurt myself?
I dont know, I really want to but i dont think i really need too.