before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

before

Post by VowsOfSadness » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:38 pm

• how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
    I will most def be 302 when I get back to the doctors (Involentary IP)
  • what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
    I'm so angry, so it would be like releasing the anger. I the down is still the IP and im not really dealing with why im agry
  • how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
    it's not really going to change anything if I SI
  • if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?
    i'm not sure, for both
  • what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
    normally i would say call/text my friends but since my father had my phone shut off I don't see that happening.
    I just feel really scared cause I can't talk to anyone now.
  • how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
  • what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

i want to scream punch someone or something

urges aren't necessarily the enemy. they happen for reasons, and they're an expression of a desire to stay alive and stay sane and keep coping. remember that.

More Before Questions To Answer
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
    really bad psychologist appointment my phone got shut off
  • Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
    no
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
    crying.
    I guess I could go jog & get some ciggs
  • How do I feel right now?
    scared. lonely. upset. mistreated. angry.
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
    angry. out of control
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
    relieved then embarrassed
  • Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
    no. maybe get a new psychologist
  • Do I need to hurt myself?

yes but i cant
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

volta
being the change
being the change

Post by volta » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 pm

:star: please stay safe.

onlypurples
bus addict
bus addict

Post by onlypurples » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:01 am

How are you doing? I'm here if you ever neeed to talk... *hugs*
I'm always a shade of purple...

"Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness" - Psalm 51:14 (TLB)

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~Dan Rather

http://www.mercyministries.org/