AFTer and wishing it did not happen

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

heidibeth
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

AFTer and wishing it did not happen

Post by heidibeth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:11 pm

It is now a day since I slipup and SI. I feel frustrated with myself because I made it so long and then to mess up. My goal is to find others ways to deal with this without going back to SI. I do have to remind myself that I made 6 months and I never did that before.

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:30 pm

I have felt the extreme frustration after SIing when I hadn't for an extended period of time. Please keep in mind, that you haven't lost any of the time you weren't SIing. You've gone 6 months and only hurt yourself once. Keep going! It's not a stopping point. I know for myself, it's hard for me to keep that in mind. Take care of yourself, and use BUS as a tool to work through your urges and learn to use different coping mechanisms.
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto