After

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

silver_smurf
creating your space
creating your space

After

Post by silver_smurf » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:53 pm

After:

Questions to Answer After A Slip
slips are chances to learn. you figure out what stresses are still too hard for you and you can work on how you'll deal with them next time you run into them. so instead of beating yourself up, take action.
Last edited by silver_smurf on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaseThisLight
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by ChaseThisLight » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:20 pm

Taking medication at the same time every day is important. A few of my friends use one of the alarms on their cell phone as a reminder to take their pills. (they carry them around with them in their purses or backpacks because you're generally not at the same place at the same time every day). Perhaps that might be a solution for you.

It sounds like you have a good list of things to try the next time you feel like you want to SI. That's half the battle. The other half is actually implementing them when you feel badly. It can be tempting just to SI because it's easy...but personally I think a little work at distracting yourself has much better consequences.

Take care.
Cuz' you know, I don't do sadness

No one controls your destiny. Even at the very worst - there is always choice - Gregory Maguire Wicked

ChaseThisPhoto

silver_smurf
creating your space
creating your space

Post by silver_smurf » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.