before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

nobody girl
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

before

Post by nobody girl » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:23 am

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?

i will feel better for a time, but the situation will not change.

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?

it won't change the situation. it might even make it worse by wasting more time that could be used to get things done.

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?

hurting myself will not make me feel better in the long run. i will have more scars and feel worse about myself.

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?

it will only last for a short time, maybe a few days at most.

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?

i could exercise. it might make me feel better and its good for my body.

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?

i think that if i hurt myself, or not, that i will probably still fee bad tomorrow.

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

i don't know.

Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?

i don't know. i feel disgusting. i am anrgy with myself. i want to feel better.

Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?

i hurt myself to help myself deal with it, or i disract myself by going shopping, exercising, or watching a funny movie. if i choose a to hurt myself, i will feel worse in the long run.

How do I feel right now?

sad.

How will I feel when I am hurting myself?

nothing

How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?

i will feel better after I hurt myself, but i will regret it tomorrow morning.

Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?

i can't avoid it. i can try to deal with it better in the future.

Do I need to hurt myself? [/b]

no. i don't need to. i feel that i need to, but i know that i do not.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:46 am

what sorts of things do you think might help when you're feeling sad? what sorts of stuff seems to help those around you when they feel sad?

did you exercise?

good luck :star: