Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

beccah17
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Before

Post by beccah17 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:02 am

• how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?

My mind will stop racing, I’ll be able to calm down and sleep.
  • what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?

I would like to read, but I cant focus long enough to finish a paragraph. I could stay on the internet until I get to bored of it. I don’t think that will last long enough.
  • how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?

I will feel like shit as always. Why should that stop me know though? If I don’t, I most likely won’t sleep and tomorrow I’ll be tired and bitchy.
  • Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?

I fail at life. At everything, and every wrong decision I’ve ever made is running thru my head at once. I want to cry but can’t bring myself to do it.
  • What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?

I watched Conan, which is over now. I tried to read a book and couldn’t.
  • How will I feel when I am hurting myself?

I will feel just fine.
  • How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?

I wont start to regret it until the morning, but at least I’ll sleep thru the night.
  • Do I need to hurt myself?

Well, of course not.

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Re: Before

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:36 pm

i know how it is with needing to SI to go to sleep...i hope you're doing okay, stay safe hun.

:magheart:
:1hug:
L
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥

beccah17
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by beccah17 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 am

Thanks
I slept less than an hour last night, but no si.

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 am

sorry you didn't get much sleep, but i know it was probably hard not to SI...be proud of yourself.

:disco:
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥

beccah17
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by beccah17 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 am

Thank you for the replies- nice to know someone is listening.
Trying to be proud... :-?
"We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."