Before hopefully no after.

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Heidi4DBT
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Before hopefully no after.

Post by Heidi4DBT » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:19 am

I know that it has been awhile since I last wrote here. I just got my own home computer so writing in here wil be more oftern if not on a daily base. I have been 5 months SI free. I am struggling right I am worring about my parents health. I feel that my anxiety has been high that I am not functioning as I should be. I am so angry about the traumas that has happened to me they are unfair and I should have been protected from my love ones. I wished that there was someone that I could have talked to and have them do something to end the abuse. The hardest thing for me is to think that my parents were aware of his past history of abusing but they still gave him easy acess to me. I want to SI right now but I know that their is more better ways of coping then that. It is just so hard right now.

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Re: Before hopefully no after.

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:02 am

hi heidi. i just wanted to say that i read your post and i'm listening. i know thinking about your family and past can make it hard to deal. maybe you could look at some coping strategies to help?....the "vastly long list of coping strategies" post helps me feel like i have more options sometimes...and maybe you'll find something you like to do that helps relieve the stress.

hugs! :1hug: ...if hugs are ok?

<3
L
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥