April 29 My before(Hope no after)

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

heidibeth
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

April 29 My before(Hope no after)

Post by heidibeth » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:38 pm

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself? If I hurt myself the situation will still be here and if I start hurting myself it will lead to an other hospitization. I need to get better control over my emotions and problems.

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation? It will bring nothing to the situation it will only make the problem wros. It will take away my ability to learn how to control myself when totally angery at someone and experiencing flashbackes.

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way? I want to feel better about myself and the world around me.

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then? It will last only for a few seconds and then I will have to do it again and again

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then? I could find work on controling my anger without hurting myself or without yelling and throwing things.

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with? I will feel quilt and anxious about telling my surport team that I slipup again.

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now? I want to feel better in control of myself without feeling if the whole world is crashing around me.

sixtyfoothigh
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by sixtyfoothigh » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:50 pm

What type of things do you think would help control you anger? I find doing things to get the anger out help me... like shouting along to loud music, playing darts, running, having hot showers etc.

You can do it.

S x
βλεπομεν γαρ αρτι δι εσοπτρου εν αινιγματι
The ultimate FREECELL THREAD
The FirePlace

heidibeth
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by heidibeth » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:05 pm

I will try some on those things but can't use those coping skills when I am at Day treatment which I was. I had to take a time out which helped a lot but I still feel down. I don't want to have to go back into the hospital.