before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Priceless
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus
Location: Theres something rotten in the state of Denmark, and its not me!

before

Post by Priceless » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:37 pm

* how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
It would maake mefeel calmer, but afterwards i would feel worse as i know it will hurt my bf.
* what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
it would only be a short relief, it would feel like i was in control of the situation but thats just not true.
* how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
I wouldnt be able to show that place in some times, and that isnt that good, as it is summer and really warm, and i would hurt the people that i care about the most
* if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?
the relief will only last a small amount of time, then i have to face that i did it when my bf sees it and he will not feel good, and me neither
* what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
im writing here, i could txt bf or other friends, it will take my mind of things and distract me
* how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
i would feel really bad
* what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?

i could write in my journal, my place or play ps2

* Why do I feel I need to hurt myself? What has brought me to this point?
my bf has something he have to do with his kids so his x is there, and his mom is holding some family thing and his x will also be there with the kids, im not there
* Have I been here before? What did I do to deal with it? How did I feel then?
nope so i dont know
* What I have done to ease this discomfort so far? What else can I do that won't hurt me?
ive been here, and im planning to write bf
* How do I feel right now?
eagy
* How will I feel when I am hurting myself?
distracted
* How will I feel after hurting myself? How will I feel tomorrow morning?
really embarressed, and fuck, why the fuck did i do it again
* Can I avoid this stressor, or deal with it better in the future?
i can talk to my bf about how i feel
* Do I need to hurt myself?
NO

<center>
|| my place *read 1 post please* || my livejournal || || my deviant-art ||
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
-- Frank Outlaw

Proud member of OATS - Oldies against text speak

</center>

Wandering
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Wandering » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:29 pm

Do I need to hurt myself?
NO
Thats good to hear :D

I hope you manage to make it through this. It looks like you have a few good ideas to try instead of SI.

Can you treat yourself in some special way to try to take your mind off thinking about your bf's ex? Or maybe try to write down all of the things its making you feel - ie angry, lonely, etc?

Take care, Andi x
Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember
Visitors welcome!!! : My Place