after :(

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

longlost-hope
building community
building community

after :(

Post by longlost-hope » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:52 pm

have you taken care of your physical wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.

Yeah.

what had happened just before?

My friend melissa was asking if i was going out with them the next night and i said no, i didnt want to. So she started saying "OH you're going to have no friends, you're going to be alll on your on and you going to be sad and lonley" and she kept rubbing it in my face.

what were you thinking and feeling?

I'd had enough. I'm so sick and tired of them getting at me like that, it happens almost every day and its grinding me down. So i punished myself. If i feel pain, i can block out whta they're saying. Im a bad person so i deserve to have cuts.

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was the final straw? what was it?

I just said it.

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events that led up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decision and not arrived at the final straw.

I was standing in the shower hating myself and then i got out and cut. It was planned, i guess, i planned it before and udring the shower.

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?

Ive come off THE pill which means my emotions are more noticable and i cant really control them.

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?

I went for a shwoer but that didnt help. I dont think it was meant to.

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?

No

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?

It neverwill be until we all leave fore the summer

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?

Im in it now

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.

I dont know.

I need to become a stronger person but i dont know how to do it. Thats why im joining that workshop place. I want to have self confidence and i want to be confident and incontrol. Im tired of being weak and always cutting because i dont think im that person anymore. I need to change but i dont know how.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:37 pm

I'd had enough. I'm so sick and tired of them getting at me like that, it happens almost every day and its grinding me down. So i punished myself. If i feel pain, i can block out whta they're saying. Im a bad person so i deserve to have cuts.
How does that situation make you a bad person?

No one deserves to be hurt.

I am glad that you have joined the workshop. It sounds like you need to work on ways to modulate your emotions, now that you are off the pill. Certainly that makes it harder, but not impossible. I think it is really good that you recognize that it is a factor so you can work on overcoming the added obstacle.