please can someone help me? i'll be online for 5 more mins..

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Sad Poetess
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

please can someone help me? i'll be online for 5 more mins..

Post by Sad Poetess » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:10 am

okay, this isn't a threat. i really will be online for 5 more mins- my sister needs the computer. please can someone help me??
i really want to cut. i've been going so well lately except for yesterday when i cut deeply on my hand, but it's like i'm an alcoholic thats got a taste for vodka. i need to do it.

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself? i will get a releif and feel better about myself

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation? it will bring satisfaction to me and take away the powerful urges

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way? i will regret another scar- especially if i do it on my hands or legs, and obviously cutting is only going to make that worse

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then? the relief will only be temporary- this i know because i only cut yesterday and already i'm feeling like this, so obviously not long

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then? i honestly can't think of anything that will change the situation...

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with? i will feel satisfaction knowing that i hurt myself but this will also be mingled with regret

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now? i really want to cut. bottom line. i can honour the protective instinct by not cutting but right now i feel pretty helpless. please, can you help me. i feel so small :cry:
<center>I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to nature, art.
I warmed both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart-Walter Savage Landor

Proud member of C.B.F- Couldn't Be F*cked
Think this is crazy? Try here!

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="red">.</td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="orange"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="yellow"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="green"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="blue"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="purple"></td></tr></table>Marriage Is Love</center>
<center>Rest In Peace Jenny, Liam, Leil and Wendy... I pray that you are all happy now that you have escaped this nasty world and left the rest of us to deal with the grief</center>

Sad Poetess
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Sad Poetess » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:31 am

got to get off now.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

*jumps up and down*

SOMEBODY FUCKING LISTEN TO ME

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="red">.</td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="orange"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="yellow"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="green"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="blue"></td><td width="16.67%" bgcolor="purple"></td></tr></table>Marriage Is Love</center>
<center>Rest In Peace Jenny, Liam, Leil and Wendy... I pray that you are all happy now that you have escaped this nasty world and left the rest of us to deal with the grief</center>

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:36 pm

I am here too.

It sounds like things are really tough. What things can you do to get yourself out of danger? Can you go sit with people, take a walk, etc. Anything to get you away from your tools? That might give you some distance and allow you to calm down and think about the situation that is causing these feelings. If you ever want to talk through things or try to come up with possible distractions/coping skills, PM me. I am always willing to listen and will respond as soon as I am able. Take care of yourself.

I hope you are feeling a little better at least.

Lycander
growing roots
growing roots

Re: please can someone help me? i'll be online for 5 more mi

Post by Lycander » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:27 am

Sad Poetess wrote:i really want to cut. i've been going so well lately except for yesterday when i cut deeply on my hand, but it's like i'm an alcoholic thats got a taste for vodka. i need to do it.
hmm... know the feeling...
i have a few friends who are (sober) alcoholics, and it's scary how much their descriptions of their drinking are almost exactly like my descriptions of SI. that's been helpful in that they've helped me find ways out. i haven't managed to stop entirely yet, but i'm getting somewhere.

comparing it to alcohol also made it easier to want to stop, for me -- i know that alcoholic drinking and drug addiction is a dangerous road, and when i saw that same behaviour in myself even without the substances, i started to worry...

i don't know if you're still online -- sharing computers makes things difficult -- but i'm listening if and when you get back. pm if you want. i'm having a rough night, too...

-lycander
Pour un instant j'ai oublié mon nom;
Ça m'a permi enfin d'écrire cette chanson.

Lycander's tent

Sad Poetess
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Sad Poetess » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:08 am

sorry for losing it last post. i just really wanted for someone to hear me. thank you mab, balletomane and lycander. i really appreciate your replies.
to end it off, i did end up cutting- pretty bad as well. thinking of going to the gp to get it stitched but i have no car... oh well. thanks once again.
~the potato~

Lycander
growing roots
growing roots

Post by Lycander » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:22 am

thanks for letting us know --
good luck to you.

pm me if you ever want,
-lycander
Pour un instant j'ai oublié mon nom;
Ça m'a permi enfin d'écrire cette chanson.

Lycander's tent