i thought i had beat it

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

i thought i had beat it

Post by angel_creature » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:20 pm

started cutting, about 6 years ago, i think in the beginning it was more for attention from my husband, needing some love and care from him,
i have OD'ed numerous times too for the same reason. But also to escape.

After my husband died, 1 night cut my self excessive, i know i mostly do it when i have been drinking, but it is spearheaded by other things.

i have managed over the last 2 & 1/2 years to become more confident, with the help of a lovely man who has become my partner, he cherishes me, loves me so much, and with his help have become so much better, my panic attacks have stopped, things that have effected me in the past no longer do, on occasions i can get upset, but most times strong enough to pull through.

over the last 2 years my cutting has got less and less, even to non...i have been so proud, and people who know me, who ask i could actually say to them i no longer cut.

Until last night!!!

i went crazy with it. deep too, i feel so ashamed i was doing so well, i even told myself that if i ever did think about doing it again i wouldnt do my arms, well its jumpers for the summer!

i tried contacting a few friends as i didnt want to SI, but they all knew i was doing good, prob didnt see the urgency as i was "SI" free!

Even my partner couldnt help this time, as i continued by thumping etc., myself after too.

he is so upset and worried, we thought i had beat this.
he has asked me to sort help, as he can no longer do it alone for me.

he has been so wonderfull and i hate hurting him in this way.

i regret last night so much, we are going away in 2 weeks and i am a mess, a big mess.

last night i had a problem, but told myself every thing is good, it was. next thing i knew i was SI-ing and didnt stop!
It controls your being, it controls your senses, as it strikes you over and over, deep thrusting mental pain, is all you feel, your power to fight has gone, as you let it torture and control you. The feeling is that the blackness is blaming you. You let it begin its lesson; it works in a way that is invisible to others eyes, invisible to the outside world, and the ones who love and care. They can see something is wrong, but cannot see your fight with the blackness, only later when you show and tell of the fight, can the knowledge be shared. But then it is to late, for again the blackness won.
by angel_creature[i/]

Kaelyn
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Kaelyn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:21 pm

First of all, don't panic. Relapses do happen, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are back to zero, or that your SI will start to increase all over again. Like you said, you have people to pull you through now, you have become stronger. So now you can learn from relapses and grow even stronger by doing that.
It might help to fill out the after questions that are stickied on top in this forum and put them here. To understand better why you did it and to assess how you can prevent it from happening.

Oh and I guess you are new here? (seeing that you signed up today...)
Have a welcome cow!!! (that's tradition) :moove:
and she needs feeding of course.... :1flwrs:
my place (visitors welcome)
fall seven times, stand up eight

Hope blooms, even in the darkest of places

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:20 am

what did you do besides calling friends... in order to work at getting yourself through?

i think it's great that your partner is working at being supportive & also observing his own limits.
have you worked to sort help out?

sorry you messed up. mistakes happen. hopefully you can pick yourself up & keep going...
:grnstar:

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

Thankyou for the welcomes

Post by angel_creature » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:14 pm

thankyou.
i still feeling a bit in shock today, by partner looked after me good last night, i felt so embarrased as he insisted in rubbing each wound with savlon.

He sobbed as he did so i felt so sorry for him, he blamed himself for my downfall.

i stayed in bed all day yesterday, i eventually took off my trousers and jumper, but had to sleep in my knickers and t-shirt, i couldnt sleep naked as i usually do, i felt i needed to hide myself even though they where not covering the wounds

i will fill in the after thoughts section soon as, at the mo my emotions are all over the place.
my daughter playing up at mo so i got to get out of here. she effects my emotions alot.... with evil things she says to me.

going to my partners house, i know there i will be stress free tonight!

X angel_creature X
It controls your being, it controls your senses, as it strikes you over and over, deep thrusting mental pain, is all you feel, your power to fight has gone, as you let it torture and control you. The feeling is that the blackness is blaming you. You let it begin its lesson; it works in a way that is invisible to others eyes, invisible to the outside world, and the ones who love and care. They can see something is wrong, but cannot see your fight with the blackness, only later when you show and tell of the fight, can the knowledge be shared. But then it is to late, for again the blackness won.
by angel_creature[i/]

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

update! :n00b:

Post by angel_creature » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:01 am

still feeling a little low, annoyed with myself & guilty.
went to the doctors yesterday, my usual doctor is away so had to see
one that doesnt know my history.

he was caring telling me than until the quilty goes away,
i can not begin to stop feeling like i do.
telling him i am annoyed at what i did, letting myself drop to the
SH level after 6 months free.

asked him about creams or patches as i go away next sat, and i look amess. he said there is none! :roll:
going to boots tomorrow i have seen some patches, or something will buy if will make me feel better over my appearance, now.

Doctor gave me antibiotics.
have to see my usual doc when he returns, he away for 2 weeks then i away for 2 weeks, hopefully by then i will be back up to my usual fun self.
with my happy yellow thoughts. :B-fly:

i managed to get in bed with no clothes last night, my babe was so caring.
i was still a bit scared of being exposed, i dont know why he seen the mess. just ashamed i think.

not filled in the after questions yet i want to feel positive about the answers!

prob will do so when i have wrote my thoughts and story about my blackness on monday night,. it helps me gather my thoughts.

i have been putting my writings in " place i called it
angels place
viewtopic.php?t=83144

please read i would love opionions on my writing....some are deep though....so beware. they dont mention SH in word but talk about my inner fears thoughts and my yellow ones about the happiness i want to hold for ever. :thup: :1hug3:

by the way i booked myself in with the mental health team, you can do that in manchester without going through the doc...but not been able to find a local real-time support group.

maybe when i feeling good i should start my own.... help others with my experiences!!!

hugs to all that need them :1hugs: angel_creature XX
by angel_creature[i/]

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

How?

Post by angel_creature » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:29 pm

how can i pick my self up when i keep getting knocked down again?
by angel_creature[i/]

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

Post by angel_creature » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:30 pm

i dont want to cut tonight i already look a mess..... i thumping the air at mo...............
by angel_creature[i/]

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: How?

Post by plantt » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:04 pm

angel_creature wrote:how can i pick my self up when i keep getting knocked down again?
you just do it... you decide to keep going... & then you do...
& i know it's a helluva lot more difficult to *do* than it is to say. for me though... the benefits of choosing to do so far outweigh the benefits of not.

what are you doing to keep yourself busy?

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

Post by angel_creature » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:07 pm

i drinking i holding my tears now my babe has just come round, he will look after me.

but i dont want to put him though this he had enough of me the last 2 years,

it scares him.........i just want to curl up in a ball and..............
by angel_creature[i/]

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm

drinking can make things worse... :)

curl up in a ball & what?
curling up in a ball isn't always a bad thing to do... :grnstar:

angel_creature
one of us
one of us

i told my son now she crying again

Post by angel_creature » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:38 pm

i told my son she conned me out of £100 now she crying like she did when she wanted it.

i sorry i told my son its my fault all the termoil happening now!!
by angel_creature[i/]

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:26 am

since i don't know the situation i can't say whether or not it really is 'your fault' maybe it is. maybe it's not.
how you choose to respond to the situation is definitely your responsibility though.
it's your life. if you choose to si that's your choice. if you choose to get through it safely & work to get things to be different then that's your choice too.