blah, after...

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Fyllie
honored elder
honored elder

blah, after...

Post by Fyllie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:07 am

figure out what led to the slip.
my dad said something mean and unnecessary to me, but i was already feeling bad because of stupid "boy problems"

have you taken care of your physiacl wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.
enough for now

what had happened just before?
saw A earlier, and then my dad was snide to me unprovoked

what were you thinking and feeling?
i want to show how much that hurt, and i want A to see that i am not okay and that i have problems, too (he seems to think his are SO much worse than mine :x )

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was teh final straw? what was it?
dads comment

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events thatled up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decisiona nd not arrived at the final straw.
could have ignored it (yet again), said something about it, need to discuss things with A

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
not really

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?
didnt try anything

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?
computer, bunny, music

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.
??

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?
bad, no, talk to dad? or A

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?
very, im not sure

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.
play with my bunny, go online, call someone (just to distract, not to tell them i want to cut)
"I didn't promise you it would be easy,
I promised you it would be worth it." - 3AM

Always remember that everything is okay in the end - if it's not okay, then it isn't the end.

If I knew all the words I would write myself out of here...

onlypurples
bus addict
bus addict

Post by onlypurples » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:00 pm

Going online is one of my personal favorite distractions. I have sites I can go to that serve as fun distractions, including free game sites and things that get my mind of wanting to hurt myself. If you want some of the links I use, just PM me and I'll gladly pass them along.

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:57 pm

that's great the list of distractions/other things to do that you have. have you tried wearing a bracelet to remind yourself of those distractions etc?