Before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:51 am

I'm not sure what country you're in but I was pretty sure the average american person realized several years ago that the school system here isn't doing any more than the standardized tests said they had to do???? :tongue:
Not a bash to teachers
Just the way I see things as a parent.

Why do people bend over backwards for the little ones then when they hit 5 no one wants to do a damn thing and then complain cause tge kids aren't perfect??

*stops self from going on tangent*
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

herebedragons
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by herebedragons » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:04 am

Oh lordy, it's a tangent I've gone on many times myself. It has a lot to do with funding and how the funding is divided. Under three programs for children with special needs can get funding but all the funding for the older kiddos is funneled towards the schools. The schools are always in desperate need of the money as educating special needs kiddos isn't cheap.
Let me think about the people who I care about the most. And how when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself.” — Ze Frank

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:07 am

Where I am, it seems that the money is allocated so as it helps the ones that make the school look best.
Those with needs but not huge needs that can show the greatest improvements get it first and whatever is left they split how ever it needs to be split.

Having been involved in the district poitics for a couple years was one thing that made me want to homeschool.
Of course I haven't the patience for that :roll:

herebedragons
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by herebedragons » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:12 am

I hear ya. I was about ready to homeschool my son because it was so freakishly hard to get him into a self contained special ed program because he's really high functioning and his school was misunderstanding the point behind "Least restrictive enviornment" Of course part of that was about funding too because schools with disabled kiddos get additional funding for that kid and a child who is considered multiplidisabled recieves additional funding. But once that child costs more than they bring in it's a fight to get the child into another school rather than to hold onto them for dear life. I know that sounds jaded and it's not always the case. (Certainly any school that has my daughter is losing money on her because she needs an individual aide.) My son's old school was all about teaching to the test and it made me crazy. But they are in grave danger of losing their funding due to piss poor test scores. Like taking away their already pathetic funding will help! GAH! *head explodes*
Let me think about the people who I care about the most. And how when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself.” — Ze Frank

Jomomma
board admin
board admin

Post by Jomomma » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:18 am

They get so obsesses about spending $2.00 a day now btu in 10 years they are gonna be paying well over $100.00 a day just to house them in prisons of whatever program cause they couldn't put for the effort now