posting replies

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

posting replies

Post by plantt » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:36 am

just wanted to say that i'm really liking coming online & finding that people have been replying to the threads in this forum. thanks :grnstar:

WhoAmI_NoOne
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by WhoAmI_NoOne » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:05 am

Hmmm, you're welcome? ^^
No one can see the pain that we hide, They're happy for us to keep it inside, Our fear is our own; they don't want to know, Why should we involve them; why should it show.

I know what it is like to live inside of yourself, and you can't escape.
~ someone

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:10 am

is a good thing :) personally i rather like replies cuz then i know someone read... & with this forum at times it was taking days for a reply to be given. it's not seeming to take nearly that long anymore & i think that's a good thing :)

Wandering
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Wandering » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:01 pm

I know what you mean - with the whole of this board I think its important that people get replies and quickly. Because the situation tends to not really be able to wait.
Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember
Visitors welcome!!! : My Place

WhoAmI_NoOne
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by WhoAmI_NoOne » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:22 am

Yea, y ou're right. I try to respond if I have anything to say that might even remotely help. usually, I dont, cause I am not good with that kind of stuff, or people already said what I would have. But its good that people have this place to come to period, I think. Its a great support type place
No one can see the pain that we hide, They're happy for us to keep it inside, Our fear is our own; they don't want to know, Why should we involve them; why should it show.

~ someone

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:36 am

Sometimes I even reply to myself. :lol:
It is funny, but it can be really helpful to go back and read over what I wrote before once I have a bit more distance from it.
I also really appreciate the replies I get here...they make a big difference for me.

WhoAmI_NoOne
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by WhoAmI_NoOne » Sun May 01, 2005 2:58 am

NobodyToYou wrote:Sometimes I even reply to myself. :lol:
It is funny, but it can be really helpful to go back and read over what I wrote before once I have a bit more distance from it.
I also really appreciate the replies I get here...they make a big difference for me.
Wow, I never thought about that, answering yourself.

~ someone

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Sun May 01, 2005 3:28 am

I know it is a bit weird, but really, there are times when I realize so much more later...
The last time I answered myself, I realized that in my "Before" I had left out a LOT of things that were probably important. They didn't seem that important at the time, or maybe I was avoiding thinking about them. But afterwards, I could see that they really did matter...It amazes me how much I can shut things out (or in) when I don't want to deal with them.
I learn a lot about myself by rereading my posts...I guess you all have learned that I am a bit strange! :roll: :wink:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sun May 01, 2005 5:07 pm

They didn't seem that important at the time, or maybe I was avoiding thinking about them. ...It amazes me how much I can shut things out (or in) when I don't want to deal with them.
I learn a lot about myself by rereading my posts...
*nods* i do that with my posts as well. it's been one of the helpful things about bus for me. it used to take me days... then once my mood shifted i could go through & rethink & see a different view to my own post. now often i can as i'm reading while typing... often it's more that i'm avoiding or not believing the other perspectives/logic/etc i can find.

anyhow. if that makes sense. i don't find rereading & even posting back to yourself as being strange... i think it's really a useful thing.
not that other peoples replies are less helpful then or anything.
*feels like she's babbling a bit :oops:*

WhoAmI_NoOne
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by WhoAmI_NoOne » Mon May 02, 2005 9:02 pm

NobodyToYou wrote:I know it is a bit weird, but really, there are times when I realize so much more later...
The last time I answered myself, I realized that in my "Before" I had left out a LOT of things that were probably important. They didn't seem that important at the time, or maybe I was avoiding thinking about them. But afterwards, I could see that they really did matter...It amazes me how much I can shut things out (or in) when I don't want to deal with them.
I learn a lot about myself by rereading my posts...I guess you all have learned that I am a bit strange! :roll: :wink:
I dont think it is strange or weird at all. I think that it makes tons of sense. I just had never thought about it before. I usually go back and reread my journals. That helps me, I just never thought abou doing it here on bus :D

~ someone