after///sighs

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

talkingtomyself
growing roots
growing roots

after///sighs

Post by talkingtomyself » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:22 pm

have you taken care of your physiacl wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.
yes already did that

what had happened just before?
me and my boyfriend got into a 'fite'

what were you thinking and feeling?

i was thinking that it was going to be over..like i was so unworthy

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was teh final straw? what was it? i just had enough i couldnt think of anything else...that would relieve it all...

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events thatled up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decisiona nd not arrived at the final straw.
i think that was just the first thing i thought of...that i thought that this was the end i coulodnt hurt zanymore...and this was the only good in my life

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
definitley lasck of sleep and being off meds for 2 days

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?
i cried..and that didnt work

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they? yes....i could have tryed to talk it out more..and that would have worked

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again. i will remember that he loves me..and how bad he reacted when he found out i SIed

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?
its resolved..now that i think about it it was really dumb

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?
i am likely to be in that mental pplace again..but i know that i wont self harm becasue it makes the situation tem times worse

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying. i will talk to him...tell him how i am feeling...and if that doesnt work...that i wil look at it as..this is the last time i wont let myself feel this way anymore
:star: :star: :star:
"Ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out...I wish I knew."

3 years SI free :smile:
My Place, replies, hugs, stars welcome.
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... 52#3597152

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:23 am

now that i think about it it was really dumb
It probably wasn't the most effective way to deal with the situation you were in, but you know that. Beating yourself up for slipping will only make things worse. It sounds like you recognise that hurting yourself doesn't usually do anything to improve a bad situation.

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
definitley lasck of sleep and being off meds for 2 days
Not sleeping right and being off meds would mess a lot of people up, including me. What can you do to work on those two things? If you're having trouble with insomnia, could you talk to your T or doctor about that? What are some ways that you could work on the meds part of the equation?

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>