before

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

talkingtomyself
growing roots
growing roots

before

Post by talkingtomyself » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:50 am

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?

i will prolly feel laot better...and my shakyness will go away

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation? it will probably bring more issues to the situation...it will take me away from the situation

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
i want this all to go away...it wll probably get me...closer and farther

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then? the relief wont last very long... and then i willprobably cut more.....or sumthing worse

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
i could call him..and try to get a hold of him..to see what is realy wrong...and to make sure theres really sumthing wrong nad im just not imagingn it and trying to pretect myself

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
i will probably feel scard tomorrow...and prolly a lil better....i will feel alot better dpeending on the oputcoe if i don the other thing

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?
i want to break down and cry until i cant breath.i want to call him...and for him to tell me everything will be ok
:star: :star: :star:
"Ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out...I wish I knew."

3 years SI free :smile:
My Place, replies, hugs, stars welcome.
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... 52#3597152

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:01 am

as bothersome & disturbing as shaking can be... it doesn't hurt you.
for me sometimes just noticing it then distracting can help. 'yep. i'm shaking again :roll:' then go color or do dishes or run.

would hurting yourself prevent you from feeling like this again? you mention that if you hurt yourself you'll feel a lot better.
my question would be for how long?

sometimes life hurts. it can be worth it to experience both the 'good' & 'bad' feelings... they're both natural ways to feel. it means you're *alive* & that's a good thing!!
the relief wont last very long... and then i willprobably cut more.....or sumthing worse
*nods* is worth looking at :) to do something... that will hurt you... that's not even going to 'help' for too long... & that will simply lead to you hurting yourself more... vicious cycle
i could call him..and try to get a hold of him..to see what is realy wrong...and to make sure theres really sumthing wrong nad im just not imagingn it and trying to pretect myself
do you think it'd help to discuss the situation? more specifically? there are quite a few good listeners on the board...
i want to break down and cry until i cant breath.i want to call him...and for him to tell me everything will be ok
it's alright to cry...
what would happen if you did call?

what are 3 things you could do for *now*?
:grnstar: