I LOST 14 WEEKS!!!

tools to help you assess your urges before you give in to them, and to help you understand and learn from slips after they happen. by posting here, you're saying that you are serious about exploring the feelings behind your self-harm in depth, whether you're ready to stop hurting yourself or not. to request posting access, click usergroups above and join before and after.

Moderator: treasure

broken_words
creating your space
creating your space

I LOST 14 WEEKS!!!

Post by broken_words » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:42 pm

Today would have been 14 sweet weeks of no *si*...but you know...i failed...FAILED!!!!!!!!! I had a slip up and cut...and i think i might have an *ed* every one says i do.....

*poll removed by gui*
*edited by jomomma*

See these tears fallin'?
they're pure and true,
but why can these tears,
be truer than you?

2 weeks si free

~Broken_Words~
WRITE ON!!!

dreams
growing roots
growing roots

Post by dreams » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:28 pm

Hiya broken_words I'm sorry that you lost your 14 weeks but you should be proud that you made it to 14 weeks that's an acheivement so well done. Now you know you can make it to 14 weeks you can challenge yourself to make it longer.

With regard to the ed the questions you need to ask yourself is

is this behaviour healthy for me?

is it something i want to continue doing?

what do you hope to achieve by taking diet pills and only eating one meal a day?

There are many resources on this board to help you. The PLeASE be healthy forum is one of them.

dreams :clover:
<center>

:redstar: I have been SI-free since 22nd November 2004 :redstar:

</center>

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:18 pm

broken_words, since this is the the before and after forum, let's talk about the feelings that led up to the slip and what you could have done instead and what you can do now, okay? if you want to talk about other aspects of this, main would be the best place. this forum is for figuring out what happenedned with slips and urges.

if you odn't know where to starts, check out the questions stickied at the top of the forum.

deb

Chocoboko
building community
building community

Post by Chocoboko » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:10 am

When we deal with something rough and feel discouraged, I think we all don't want advice. We just want to be affirmed. So..... *hugs*

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:32 pm

right, i understand that. but that's not what this particular forum is for. it's for working on the feelings behind the self-harm and figuring out what you want to do and what's going on with the urge or the slip. i think it's great to get support here, but main is a more appropriate place if you don't want advice or feedback or to work on what happened -- it's a better place to get hugs and support in that way.

deb

broken_words
creating your space
creating your space

I think i figured out why....

Post by broken_words » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:39 pm

I think i figured out why i slipped up... my couselor told me that i'll be in recovery my whole life b/c cutting is addictive...and just like an acholist...or anything else...i will have slip ups....but i did it b/c i wanted control.......but i need to find a new way to do so...yeah...

See these tears fallin'?
they're pure and true,
but why can these tears,
be truer than you?

2 weeks si free

~Broken_Words~
WRITE ON!!!

dreams
growing roots
growing roots

Re: I think i figured out why....

Post by dreams » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:32 pm

broken_words wrote:I think i figured out why i slipped up... my couselor told me that i'll be in recovery my whole life b/c cutting is addictive...and just like an acholist...or anything else...i will have slip ups....
So you cut because you will always have slip ups?
Do you really believe that?
Do you believe that you do not have a choice over your actions?
Do you believe all recovered alcoholics 'slip up'?
Are there not people who make the choice not to continue to act in self destructive manors?
What make you believe these things?

I think it is very sad if you truely believe that because it is the belief of just the opposite that keeps me going. It reminds me of something Deb said once (can't find it just now) that although she still gets 'urges' to SI she knows that she will never SI again because she has other ways of coping and she has been through tough times and not SI'd so she knows she can do it again. (sorry if that's slightly wrong Deb I can't remember your actual words).

I believe that I don't need to SI and that it is a choice that I made and a choice that I no longer want to make. I may slip up but that is my choice at the time it is not something that is inevitable. I will not make excuses for my choices

I'm not sure what response you want to your posts to help you understand your feelings more as my replies to your previous posts have gone unanswered and i'm sorry if this upsets you it's just something that really stood out to me.

dreams :clover:
<center>

:redstar: I have been SI-free since 22nd November 2004 :redstar:

</center>

kazeldya
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by kazeldya » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:13 pm

I think it's okay to consider it a slip and not have to start counting again... 14 weeks is a long time, and you can do it again. ::hugs::
*almost* SI-free (7 slips) since August 26/27, 2004 (~2 am on 27th) my place: http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

last slip: about 10pm March 25, 2008

After changes upon changes, we are more or less the same. - Paul Simon
Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and SAFELY insane every night of our lives. - William Dement. So I guess we should just sleep and be insane THEN instead of hurting ourselves (or anyone else)