Relief *SI* Pointless Post

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Silme Lor
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Relief *SI* Pointless Post

Post by Silme Lor » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:13 pm

I just thought I would share becuase I haven't felt this way in a long time. I'll try to keep it short :)

Today, after mowing the lawn I was hot, exhausted, and planning on going inside and cutting. Then it started raining--pouring. I went to the front yard and took off my sweatshirt (covering the scars) and just sat in the middle of the sidewalk. I let my bare arms show and allowed myself to get soaking wet. The world was free to see my scars but I didn't care in the least.

It was the most relief I had felt in a really long time, and I didn't cut afterwords.

I know this was a really stupid post but I just needed to share because I have no one else to tell.
So I guess I've found a new coping mechanism (when it's raining atleast :tongue:)

:smilecolros:
"And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."

:roll: A bit lost...

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:19 pm

That's really cool :)

I'm glad you got through without cutting (and yes the rain is awesome)
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

pointeless
growing roots
growing roots

Post by pointeless » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:14 am

that's great! hmmm may-b have to work on a rain dance or something, or buy a funky sprinkler :wink:
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/sjhemming/">Visit My Website</a>

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=83255 - My poetry/Art Den

With eternal gratefullness n thanks to pink elephant for the graphic x