anger management

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

marshmallowfluff
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

anger management

Post by marshmallowfluff » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:38 pm

I feel stupid posting this. very, very stupid, and dont really know how to phrase it so bare with me.

Sooo anyway... Just lately (well, from about octoberish) i have had major anger issues. Okay, this kind of reached its peak between october and... februaryish, then everything was okay for a while. But for the couple of months i have been getting so wound up over the slightest thing. I'm like a child, seriously, if i don't get my own way i totally loose it. I dont mean to do it and its so hard to control it. bleh :yuck: Like, the tinies of things grate on my brain so hard. The other day, i was in my mums bedroom and i was playing with the dog and i left my bedroom light on. My dad came upstairs and switched it off just to annoy me. Well... you can probably imagine the rest. I managed to break some stuff in the process :oops:

anyways, i wanna do summit about it, cos i dont like being like this, and i can see myself doing something extreme if this carries on :o And its totally impossible to stop SIing when i get like this. Its okay to say it'll stop soon, but it wont be long until it all starts again, but i dont want it to start again cos i get out of control. I know a little anger is healthy, but this is so not healthy, includign to the people around me.

sooo... i was just wondering:

:star: what does anger management involve?
:star: who do i have to see?
:star: how long will it take to "fix" me? (or for things to start getting better)
:star: does it help?
:star: for those who have had AM before, if you are less angry than you were before, do you SI less because you don't get as angry as often? (what a mouthful :o)

Thank you in advance to those who reply :)

Sarah
Last edited by marshmallowfluff on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dance like no one's watching.
Love like you'll never be hurt.
Sing like there's nobody listening.
And live like it's heaven on earth."

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:49 am

do you mean an anger management group?
or just 'how to deal with anger?'

sorry, lol i feel dense.

if you mean the second i can very much relate.
one of us recently broke a cellphone & other stuff & very much scared furrballs... etc.

i'd be more than willing to discuss things... (preferrably pm'ed as i'm a bit uncomfortable discussing this here atm as umm i'm rather not too sure of myself on this issue :oops:)

if you mean the first though... no suggestions :)

marshmallowfluff
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by marshmallowfluff » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:39 am

plantt, thanks for replying :)

I meant the 2nd one, but the first one will do. PM is okay :-)
"Dance like no one's watching.
Love like you'll never be hurt.
Sing like there's nobody listening.
And live like it's heaven on earth."

red umbrellas
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by red umbrellas » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:10 pm

i'd be really interested too actually.....maybe we could try and start some kind of a thread of tips to deal with anger?
It's all life and fire and lunacy
And excuses and excuses and excuses

Hold On To Yourself - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

"We paint a picture of a scenario - and then we become afraid of it" - Andrea Fella

~starblaze~
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by ~starblaze~ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:22 pm

I wrote a similar topic a couple of weeks ago now, you may find some of the suggestions people gave me useful:

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=96977