Think of a happy memory and share it here!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

slinky
growing roots
growing roots

Think of a happy memory and share it here!

Post by slinky » Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 am

I remember nearly a year ago when my boyfriend had been really worried about something so I sang him a comforting song on the phone. I sang him to sleep :blush: It was sweet and made me smile.
Pray now baby. Pray your life was just a dream... just a dream.

~X~

In my nothing, you meant everything, everything to me.

barnabygirl
bus addict
bus addict

Post by barnabygirl » Fri May 19, 2006 7:33 pm

when my mother was alive and worked we used to send each other terror faxes on the fax machines. and once i phoned her fax and said "hello hello this is a terror fax" ,,, i never heard my mother laugh this much :)

You can PM me if you Wish, and you can HUG me all you WANT,,

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give"

“The boat is safer anchored at the port; but that’s not the aim of boats.”

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Sat May 20, 2006 1:08 pm

Feeding the ducks on the river the morning after we got married. It was cold and bright and beautiful and we'd turned our phones off and there was no where we had to be and no one to bother us.
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place

troubles undone
post laureate
post laureate

Post by troubles undone » Sat May 20, 2006 1:17 pm

I have not had any happy memories since september when i went on a school trip. So amny funnie things happened there, there are too many to list- but a 15 year old girl wet herslef cos she laughed too much (kinda gross but you had to have been there at the time!) terrible kareoke and the funnest games ever...i wish we didn't have to come back cos i have never laughed so much since!!
I still laugh to myself whenever i think about that trip...and i do get some odd looks from people on the bus when i just start chuckling away!!

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die
It's that moment in life when you actually feel alive
So live for the moment
And take this advice, live by every word

Love is just a hoax
so forget anything that you have heard
And live for the moment now"

"VITA YOY EST VIVERE SED VALERE VITA EST."
-There is more to life than just being alive.

~starblaze~
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by ~starblaze~ » Sat May 20, 2006 2:26 pm

when Karolyn and i went to Covent gardens and spend a really happy day shopping and buying beads and Mr Duck and getting excited in Hamley's with the trolls and the moving toys :blush:

pointeless
growing roots
growing roots

Post by pointeless » Sat May 20, 2006 5:13 pm

H's 21st..kinda drunk in chicago's dancing away to 'I wana dance with somebody who loves me song' kinda everything clicked with me and I realised I had an amazing friend who loved me, to dance and giggle and have a laugh with, and that it was so much more special and important than chasing ''love''
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/sjhemming/">Visit My Website</a>

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=83255 - My poetry/Art Den

With eternal gratefullness n thanks to pink elephant for the graphic x

~starblaze~
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by ~starblaze~ » Sun May 21, 2006 10:21 am

when we went on holiday with Clare and her family to Devon and we all went sailing and laughed until we cried at my dad's wetsuit and called him 'spiderman' and watched his attempts at windsurfing! :blush:

redheadgirl1219
settling in
settling in

Post by redheadgirl1219 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:16 pm

When we had gone to Toronto for the evening and walked around Queens St and had dinner at the Irish Pub. And then got lost coming home because they closed half the streets that led back to the thruway so we ended up driving in the wrong direction and didnt end up getting home until like 6am when we had left at 11pm. And the guy at customs laughed at us when we told him we got completely lost. I have never laughed so hard in my life.
<b>-Lizzie-<b>
<b>Is fearr rith maith ná drochsheasamh</b>
gaelic for:
A good run is better than a bad stand

<b><a target="_blank" href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=96436">My Little Place</a></b>
<b><a target="_blank" href="http://www.myspace.com/red1219">MySpace Profile</a></b>

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Wed May 24, 2006 3:39 am

When I was in 8th grade, I was in physical therapy and the psychologist at the high school I would later attend was in pt at the same time. We both had injured knees, so we had to do a lot of the same exercises, so there was this big running joke about how I could do them better.

When I went to high school, he always smiled and said hello. And junior year, right before my calculus final (I was really nervous) he walked into the classroom to wish me good luck. He was almost as excited as I was when I found out that I got a 99% on the exam. :blush:

~starblaze~
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by ~starblaze~ » Wed May 24, 2006 2:56 pm

when my mum used to do halloween parties for us when we were younger with all our friends from where we used to live and we would go trick or treating and play halloween games and it was so much fun, everyone still remembers them and i know Mei says they were one of her most treasured memories of her childhood :blush: They are one of mine too.

xanemicroyaltyx
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by xanemicroyaltyx » Wed May 24, 2006 5:51 pm

meeting mog for the first time. x x x

ackman
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by ackman » Wed May 24, 2006 6:10 pm

my best memory was at my first dance with my first gf. we danced all nite and when the nite had come to a end I had got my first kiss it was great. I never felt more at ease and comfortable.
I'm running out of duct tape to hold myself together.

~starblaze~
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by ~starblaze~ » Thu May 25, 2006 6:48 pm

Going to the airport early one morning in August last year, getting on a plane and arriving in Northern Ireland to meet for the first time, Karolyn. She is even more lovely in real life than she was on the internet. That day was really really lovely :blush:

Cellardoor
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Cellardoor » Fri May 26, 2006 2:41 am

A few weeks ago when we went down to stay with dee and eana and sarah in their little house and there were no shops in a 8 mile radius and all you could see was fields and trees and mountins and we made a bonfire and toasted marshmallows and sang songs around it.
And you could tell we all loved each other so much and we were all so happy :)

I built my house,
Where the ocean meets the land,
It's time to live again,
And pull my dreams out of the sand.

(take the pieces and build them skywards)
(expressions)

FOUR YEARS HAPPY AND FREE!

Callisto
postmaster
postmaster

Post by Callisto » Sat May 27, 2006 1:39 am

The first time Darren said he loved me.

It was New Years Eve. It was the first time we'd gotten drunk around each other. It was the first time I met his friends. It was the first time I stayed at his house. There were a lot of first that night.

And even though he was drunk I knew that he meant it when he said "I love you." I still know that now. I know that he always means it because I love him too and no matter what else happens that all that really matters now.

squeegle_2419
settling in
settling in

happydays

Post by squeegle_2419 » Sat May 27, 2006 4:00 am

the day i cried on her shoulder and she gave me a speech on how much she lubs me!!!!!

holding bennys hand hes my guy
what would a crazy person do without their shrink for 52 days.... do you want to see the end result of you leaving me?

katja
growing roots
growing roots

Post by katja » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:22 pm

I was in town on a night out and there were some men dressed up as bottles of beer in big inflatable suits. I ran over to hug one and he said I was the most beautiful girl ever and he was going to marry me! We hugged and hugged for ages untill he had to go. Then I bumped into him again and another beer bottle claimed to be him so he could hug me, but I couldn't tell the difference between them both, so we all had a group hug. They were so comfy.