No SH for Two Days

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

No SH for Two Days

Post by Candy » Sun May 07, 2006 2:42 am

Hi This is Candy, :star:
For the past two day know I have not done any SH,and it has not been easy,but the coping skills that I have picked up here has helped me alot. The problem I have been dealing with is how to cope with your feelings and emotions when they are to painful to deal with? I have problems regulating my emtions,if I spell the word right. I have trouble labeling and handling difficult emotions and feelings. Any suggestions will be helpful. I know that it is going to be hard to stop doing SH and I know that it be a struggle for me. I just want to thank-you all for your support. If anyone wants to PM to respond,or just talk I am here to listen. It has been a hard time controlling the urges,but for 2 days I have been doing good,and I am proud of myself for each day. I know that there is always a chance that I could slip with SH,but I need to focus on each moment that I am. Hope everyone is doing fine. :1grhug:

dbms
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by dbms » Sun May 07, 2006 4:08 am

Good for you well done. Don't have much to say about emotions as I have on one or two that I recognise right now. Take care.
Mark
I looked for a person who most needed my kindness today and somehow found myself.

whypie
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by whypie » Sun May 07, 2006 2:14 pm

Hey, congrats on the 2 days

umm what you said about emotions...I don't knwo if this will help but I found it useful. it's a thread on sourcebook about how to name your feelings

There's a lot of good stuff on sourcebook, it's very helpful. I hope that is the sort of thing you wanted

Take care, feel free to pm me or pop by my place anytime if you want to talk
[My Place]

*Hugs are always welcome*

falling...
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by falling... » Sun May 07, 2006 3:47 pm

congrats! :star:
Last edited by falling... on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sun May 07, 2006 7:06 pm

i am glad to see that this forum has helped you.

if you want, you can join us over at the workshop forum where paradoxis has started a thread on regulating emotions in a positive way. you have to request posting permissions to post in the workshop, but you can request those by click on "usergroups" and then selecting "workshop" and hitting "join" if i remember correctly. if you don't want to join the posting group the thread is still worth a good read.

congratulations on the two days.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: