Coping!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

kdanne
one of us
one of us

Coping!

Post by kdanne » Thu May 04, 2006 11:25 pm

Alright,

I'm here to talk about coping. I have never tried a site like this before, but I'm in pretty desperate need of something right now. I have stopped cutting for several month's now and my urges are so high that I don't know what to do. I need some help learning other, more healthy coping mechanisms.

Please help me!
Anne

slinky
growing roots
growing roots

Post by slinky » Fri May 05, 2006 11:38 am

Try this link
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=34500
I hope it'll help you. Good luck :lpurpstar:
Pray now baby. Pray your life was just a dream... just a dream.

~X~

In my nothing, you meant everything, everything to me.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:25 pm

one thing that has helped me is to make a coping box, it has stuff to distract myself, like coloring books, playing cards, music tapes , crayons , stuff like that , you can decorate the box any way you want, it doesnt have to be a box it can also be a bag, like a tote bag?

also check out my coping space, i will keep updating my coping space, the link its in my signature,

i have stopped self harming , it has been three years now since i last cut myself.

also feel free to pm me,, i have other suggestions if you would like to hear them, and when ever you feel urgy you can pm me,

take care of yourself

whypie
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by whypie » Sat May 06, 2006 3:31 pm

Welcome to bus.

:moove: <---- tradition

There's a lot of stuff here to help you cope with urges and feelings so I'm sure you're going to find something. The link that slinky gave you is fantastic (I give it out to everyone)

Good luck, and feel free to pm me or drop by my place anytime

Take care
[My Place]

*Hugs are always welcome*

Green Beauty
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Green Beauty » Sat May 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Hello and welcome to bus. Firstly congratulations for being strong enough to go without for so long, i know how incredibly hard that is especially when urges are high. I would suggest that the best way to get rid of these is to work on your feelings behind your self harm. Work out why you are having these urges (anger, upset, frustration etc.) and try to go from there.

Stay safe.

Alex

Omnia vincit amor
Member of the Welcome wagon
Shh be quiet, You might piss somebody off
Proud member and loyal spoon of OATS - Oldies Against Text Speak
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Skipping and a jumping, In the misty morning fog with, Our hearts a thumpin' and you, My brown eyed girl