How'd would'ja feel...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Blæinger Moosepounder
one of us
one of us

How'd would'ja feel...

Post by Blæinger Moosepounder » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:22 pm

if you'd find out that your friend has suicidal thoughs?

I don't know what to do....

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Depends on how old the person is. If they are still a minor, it is best that you get an adult that you trust/is responsible to intervene in the situation. Search for some helpline numbers.

If they are old enough to make their own decisions, and they're expressing extreme suicidality, call the police. Search for some helpline numbers, too.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

~BrokenGlass~
building community
building community

Post by ~BrokenGlass~ » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:52 am

Loyalty isn't important at that point. You can't be loyal to someone who's dead. If someone you know needs help then you need to do all you can to get them that help.
--When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn--

maenad
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by maenad » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:30 pm

I would feel frightened - but it would be worth losing their friendship to keep them alive by getting them help if that's what it took. And it I felt I wasn't in a position to cope or it was making me unsafe I would tell someone who could help them.
I can kill you with my brain...