Guilt

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

nori04
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Guilt

Post by nori04 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:25 pm

I have guilt over the death of my twin brother and damage to my mother during our birth, evryone tells me this doesn't make sense because as a baby I couldn't have taken more food from him making him weaker ect. But I feel guilt anyway. If my paretns had never told me th thought would have never occured to me, so I figure I must have some guilt over something else that I have attached to this.

My mom and I have been fighting a lot, it was particularlly bad this morning. :cry:

Does anyone know of a reason why I can't deal with my emotions/ why my emotions seem more intense then others? Are there any reasons for this or am I just weak?

Sorrry if I seem needy, lol, right now I'm feeling guilty for being so needy and coming here for support to much....

I :cry: in therapy yesterday......a first with this therapist, then I tried to talk to talk to my Mom about the gult stuff I was talking about earlier and she STILL said it was stupid!!!

I had an epiphany in the shower last night, when I am upset I cut to avoid feeling or thinking......

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:50 pm

You're not stupid for feeling guilt. Nor are you bad. I know how you feel about childhood-related guilt.

As a child, we think that we can "save the world", that our powers alone could rectify a situation that we think is harmful to us, and that whenever something goes wrong we also assume the entirety fo the blame for the things that have happened.

Your mum is right - it is not your fault. You're not to blame. Things happen. Your brother's illness/weakness and the medical complications that your mother faced because of your birth are <b>not your fault.</b> You did nothing wrong.

I know that my words really seem trivial. But it takes a while to sink in. Don't beat yourself up over things that you cannot control. I am sure that your brother doesn't blame you. Nor does your mother or anyone else, for that matter.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: