so I am new but I have a question

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

obliviousgirl8
one of us
one of us

so I am new but I have a question

Post by obliviousgirl8 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:26 am

well hi ..Im new to this so I am not sure what Am I suppose to do so I guess I'll start with a question ....what are some ways you've delt with cutting.....

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:51 am

welcome to bus. :D have a welcome cow.
:cowsleep:

what "ways" are you looking for? are you looking for alternatives? for tips on helping you stop? for distractions or ways to deal with urges? i'd like to help, but i guess i don't really know what you're looking for here. feel free to pm me if you want to chat. :)

-tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

Little One
one of us
one of us

Post by Little One » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:44 am

Honestly, the best method I have found is somesort of distraction...I know it doesn't help much but i'm trying...Try for example
A walk
A drive
Draw
Something along those lines
~Little One~

"We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end" ~Hunter S. Thompson

Jessica
one of us
one of us

Post by Jessica » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:37 am

I think you've taken the first step by talking to someone. Even if it's just a stranger on the internet, it helps so much just to know that you're not alone. When I feel like cutting, sometimes it's in addition to the cutting, I write a letter to someone who's making me upset or angry and I just get all of the emotions out there. I'll write shit I would never ever say to their face, but it gets all my thoughts on paper and I usually feel a whole lot better.