do you go thru phases w/ bus?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Poya Maitri
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

do you go thru phases w/ bus?

Post by Poya Maitri » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:34 pm

hi,

i've been here for about 2 1/2 months now, and have noticed my feelings are changing and i seem to be moving into a different 'phase' or something with bus. i was just wondering if anyone else is going through that, or has had a similar experience in the past, maybe with feeling like you go thru different phases with bus, and, if so, would you mind sharing about that? :)

pandablue
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by pandablue » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:44 am

hey Poya

I have gone thru diff phases
not sure how to explain them
but like my feelings about anything my feelings here
change now and then
my experience here has been on the most part real good
i can see i'm not at all the same person i was when i first joined
i feel much stronger

hope everything is ok with you
you add to it here

Panda

Feb 22,2006

for Jag

new scribbles

Forget Me
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Forget Me » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:33 am

yeah, i definitely go through phases, and i notice them really strongly, esp. reading back through my place :tongue:
i also notice myself changing boards a lot - like now i am mostly on RW and place, though i used to post mostly on main and then mostly on coping.
<center>
<b>FISHY! WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?!</b>
~"What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find."~
:o :o :o
Another Lonely Day
~~Laura~~
</center>

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:26 am

I go through phases of posting, posting a lot, lurking, and thinking seriously about leaving or taking a break. I hang out on different boards, and use bus in different ways. I think a big reason I'm still here is that there is the space and freedom for me to do that :)
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place

click
creating your space
creating your space

Post by click » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:37 pm

I have been through many stages with BUS, at present I'm at a 'confused need comfort' stage.

When i first came on here, I really needed it, It stopped/helped me stay away from SH, but recently it has been easy to trigger me. Thats why I've come back.

I think your feelings for BUS, and towards it, are in some way related to your personal situations...
...All alone...
Just Me N My Concrete Heart
<a href=http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56740>My Place</a>

Skyeler
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by Skyeler » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:25 pm

I've been on bus forever...

I've gone through phases where I've left it for months... even I think a year at one point.

I go through phases... I've just started posting back on main, because main infuriates me most of the time, so I stay away from it.

I'll stay in place a lot because I feel more comfortable with the people who post there and I usually don't get annoyed by them.

I post in RW because well... RW rocks the bus.

I've definetly changed since I've been here, but that's mostly because I'm 20 now.

Most of the time I feel like I don't belong.
But I got my new favorite record today.
My favorites change every single day.
Except you,
You'll always be number one.
[/center]

Poya Maitri
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Poya Maitri » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:04 pm

thanks for replying, everyone. i appreciate it. i have gotten something out of everything i read here. i do think how i'm feeling about being here right now is related to what's happening in irl. thank you again, and if anyone else feels like replying, i look forward to reading more. :wink:

CrashFirePhoenix
one of us
one of us

Post by CrashFirePhoenix » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:47 am

I think I go through phases..

well, I don't really post on BUS that much (as you can tell from my post count :P ) but I've been lurking around for quite a while and read pretty much every post..

I notice though, when I'm in a depressed mood I tend to come here and when I'm in an okay mood I'll tend to stay away from it.
I guess when I'm depressed I tend to look at depressing things....and since some of the posts on this board are depressing, it's a good place to go.
-Michelle

www.myspace.com/crashfirephoenix

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." - Jesse Stuart

Callisto
postmaster
postmaster

Post by Callisto » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:14 am

if been here for nearly forever too actually

and yeah definately go through phases

i dont really post on main anymore now unless i want a majority opinion cuz a lot of the ppl that post there annoy the hell out of me

i stick to place as i can whinge to my hearts content and i feel comfortable with the folk there and they don't annoy me...and i actually respect them so i listen when they try to help me

and RW cuz as Skye said RW rocks BUS

and yeah if definately changed a lot since i got here...i mean i was jst turned 16 when i joined and im nearly 19 now...so yeah a lot has changed

_MessedUp_
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by _MessedUp_ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I've been here nearly two years, and i can safely say its an on/off thing. BUS is my lifeline in a sense. When i need help, when i need a place i can go when life is causing me pain i come here. Here i know i won't be judged, and here i know i can seek support from others. On the times i am away from BUS i see them as times when i'm coping ok. But at the same time i don't see me coming back here as a moment of weakness, just a time when i need that extra bit of help. :)
:star: "Life is like a beautiful melody only the lyrics are messed up" :star:
:blkstar: My Place:blkstar:
:redstar: <a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/_messedup_/'>My LiveJournal</a>:redstar:
my cow :moo:
:redstar: days SI free

Surly
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Surly » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:00 pm

Yeah, I go through phases, I can spend weeks - months - away, and thendepression will hit and I'll jus need comfort. Even when Im not active, its good to know that my account is always here, and so is the site, whenever I need to come on.
||Lost.In.Music.||Lost.In.Life.||
I was originally Sirloth!