In the end...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Small
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

In the end...

Post by Small » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:23 am

Its just a choice, it really is that simple, no ifs or buts, just a choice. I now choose to stop cutting. I now choose to stop making the wrong choices.

It really is that simple, and everyone can do it. There are some things in your life you may not have had a choice about, but you do get to choose how to deal with it, so make the right one.

I choose to be happy, to not let the world bother me, because its my choice. And it really is just that simple.

I also choose to stop visting this site and seeking validation, because I don't need other people to give that to me. I also choose to stop giving validation, and to stop pandering to others instabilities by cosseting them with "I am here, its all fine, you are special" sentiments, that are, in the end, quite false, because they simply furthered my own search for validation. This does not mean that i don't have sympathy, but that I believe that help does not come in this way. It took someone putting it plain and simple for me to realise this.

Small
"I do believe in fairies - I do, I do, I do" Peter Pan

"Fletcher Lynd Seagull, do you want to fly?" Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Bach - a beautiful story, that changed the way I think. Read it.

disastercake
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by disastercake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:57 am

Best of luck to you :star:
:bfly: -Al :bfly:

"...And once you have tasted flight,
you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been,
and there you long to return..."
- Leonardo da Vinci

My Place