is it always this hard?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Scatterbrain
bus conductor
bus conductor

is it always this hard?

Post by Scatterbrain » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:57 am

It seems like everyday I have an urge to SI. The 18th will be 5 months since I have SIed last. Will it always be this hard to get through the days? Will I always have urges for the rest of my life to cut?? I really hope not... Any ideas would be great
"The impossible just takes a little longer."
- HCJ (1/9/25- 2/26/08 )

"That there, that's not me/I go where I please/I walk through walls/I float down the Liffey
I'm not here/This isn't happening"
- "How to Disappear Completely" Radiohead

Place: Want to live and breathe/I want to be part of the human race
PBH: Back to the basics

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:02 am

what sorts of stuff are you adding into your life?

i think when something is taken out of life... it leaves a hole. & things need to be added into replace what's taken out. also reducing the amount of time you dwell on si & urges can help.
i don't believe that there will be si urges the rest of life. i do think that actively working to get urges to lessen & to get through si & such... can help reduce the frequency & intensity of urges.

sorry things have been tough lately :grnstar:

morganna
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by morganna » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:00 pm

i managed to stop for over a year a while ago. it did get easier after a time but i still had the occasional urge to si if i was upset but no where near as bad as it was to start off with. five months is a great achievement, i know how hard it must be.
:star: never give up and stay as positive as you can, you CAN do it and break free :star: