ever regret telling people things? *SA*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Frozen
building community
building community

ever regret telling people things? *SA*

Post by Frozen » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:28 pm

from my place:
thing is, i told her some stuff im regretting now. Im not regretting TELLING her. But its like she knows too much. And i *have* to do something so that she doesnt. Yes, fucked up. But then isnt everything?

She kept asking me why i didnt tell her. I was talking to her alot, yet "why the fuck - sorry innapropriate word - did you not bring it up?!" errrr, well. Who ACTUALLy talks about *bad things* while they are happening eh? she tols me i had "an unusual situation". yeh,cos i went over to his house the first time. 0o0o0o0o0.

the whole *you gotta go there to know there*

i dont know. does anyone else regret telling people stuff? its like i got to do something else to prove i can. well not prove, but i duno.

*kicks self*

GirlInterrupted
creating your space
creating your space

Post by GirlInterrupted » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:54 am

Yes...but once something's done it's done and I try not to dwell on it too much...

In fact, I've done it in the past couple of days, quite publically...

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:30 pm

i regret saying stuff a lot.

silent-no-more
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by silent-no-more » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:15 pm

Oh yeah. Been there,
done that,
got the T shirt,
wore it out.

You're not alone; i just try to accept that i can't change what i've told people, and to prehaps just try to be a bit more in control of my mouth. I also seem to swing brtween wanting people to know everything to completely withdrawing and not telling anybody anything. :roll:
I only know as much about myself as my mind can work out under it's current conditions.
And it's current conditions are not good.

"Aslan's on the move"

"The tools of the mind become burdens
when the enviroment which made them neccessary no longer exist." -Henri Bergson.

say
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by say » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:17 pm

It's scary to confide in people. I have regretted telling people personal details before, but it was because those people later proved not to be trustworthy.

I guess I think... Taking risks, like choosing to tell someone a secret, is nerve-wracking, but it can be such a great experience if the person you tell reacts the way you're hoping s/he will.

I hope your friend proves to be worthy of your confidence, and I hope your regret fades as you realize that you can trust her.

:)

disastercake
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Regrets

Post by disastercake » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:49 pm

I regret a lot of things, but there's no use dwelling on them. There's nothing you can do about it now.

Pretty and Twisted
one of us
one of us

Post by Pretty and Twisted » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:28 pm

golden oldie wrote: I also seem to swing brtween wanting people to know everything to completely withdrawing and not telling anybody anything. :roll:
You took the words right out of my mouth...errr right off of my keyboard. I go between those extremes on what seems to be a daily basis.

When I begin to trust someone enough to tell them something (whatever it may be)..I end up telling them everything about THAT topic. Immediately though, I think to myself "What in the world was I thinking? They don't need to know that much about me...they didn't want to know that much about me"..and then I clam up with them for awhile. I know people get tired of my hot/cold acts...but I can't find a middle ground. I either say too much or nothing at all. Either way, I regret it in the end. :-?
You asked what was wrong, I smiled and said "Nothing". Then I turned away and whispered "Everything"

près de vous
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by près de vous » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:37 pm

erm yeah, i regret telling my friend that i'd thought about us having a relationship...didn't quite work out the way i'd hoped.
<center>I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me I've been alone all
along...when you cried I'd wipe away all of your
tears when you'd scream I'd fight away all of your
fears and I held your hand through all of these
years...but you still have all of me

No Image please

Shanon my forum, please join</center>