Unspoken Thoughts **SI

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

my28secrets
one of us
one of us

Unspoken Thoughts **SI

Post by my28secrets » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:46 pm

I've been SI free for ten days since my friend decided to give me her treatment of tough love to push me to get help and admit my problems. This is the best help I can get because I dont want my family to find out about my "secrets". My friend, I love her so much, is the only reason I've decided to stop. I'm glad she's talking to me again but I'm afraid I'll slip and lose her forever. I need to want to stop for myself but I don't want to. I find the urge to SI for the littlest things nowadays and it's driving me nuts. I have to write my friend's name with permanent marker in places i might SI because sometimes the urge is so strong I almost forget about her. Yesterday i wanted to SI so bad in class that i took a bunch of white copy paper and started drawing lines with a red marker. I made patterns with the lines because it gave the something i needed to concentrate on and it didn't seem too weird to my classmates. Is it wrong that I don't want to stop?
OXO This stranger cares OXO

GirlInterrupted
creating your space
creating your space

Post by GirlInterrupted » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:56 am

No, it's not wrong at all. You have to want to stop for you, and you need to make your friend understand this as well...

If you want to talk...my PM box is always open...

Take care...
B. x

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:55 pm

No, its not wrong not to want to stop, but at the same time I don't agree that you have to stop only for yourself (that may be the most successful way, but its not the only way)

We live in society and interact with people who influence the way we behave. Just think of the times you have SIed because someone made you angry or upset or because you felt guilty. Stopping because of someone is quite similar and ok. I stopped for both myself and my bf. He gav me a reason and the support I needed to stop. You do need people to help you stop.

Its normal not to want to cause its helped you cope. Now you need to find other coping mechanisms that are better for you than SI (and you need to feel they are better too)

Hang in there. You are experimenting with coping techniques and that is the first step. Don't analyse too much whether you want to stop or not - just keep trying new things.
*hug*

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker