my therapist... starting to FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

collide
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

my therapist... starting to FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!

Post by collide » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:18 pm

my therapist is going on vacation again...this coming week she isn't gonna be here...i thought she only had her 2 week vacation in JULY...it's AUG...and i didn't do very well when she was gone in fact i was on a 5150 and almost sent to a PSYCH WARD...i lost my mind...and my impulsiveness got me into that mess...thankfully i my psychiatrist saw me twice, even though one time he caused me to lose it kinda and almost again ended up locked away...

so now, i feel...anxiety, desperateness, and some anger...i feel that she has the right to her vacations but i still feel the way i feel...how do i cope? how do you cope, if anyone has the same abandonment feelings i always feel...?.....i know it will start to get worst, that's why i am posting this right now...i saw my therapist on WED...that's when we meet...i am scared to call my psychiatrist...my therapist had left him a message that she will be away and if he is able to see me during the time she is away....i am scared that he might not be able, or i might be too upset already and cause a scene at his office like last time....

advice? coping strategies? experiences?

collide

Nona
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Nona » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:44 pm

It is hard when they go away on holiday. I am extremely lucky - my T doesn't seem to do very many holidays but there is usually a 2/3 week break over the Christmas period and it's absolute hell. I don't know how I get through it, but I do.

What she did for me one time was to make me up a tape of her talking and if I'm really in a bad place then I'll put that on cus her voice is very calming and reassuring. She did that for me, not cus of holidays but because she felt that it was hard for me to hold onto stuff between sessions.

I always ask her if she's coming back and it doesn't matter how many holidays she's taken she's still happy to reassure me that she will.
Do you journal? I find that quite useful for when she's away too. Some bits I'll take and show her and other bits I won't, it just depends really on what I've written (I write about the day to day minutiae of my life in there too which somehow I don't think would be very interesting to her!)

Anyway, I hope that some of this will have helped. Take what you need and disregard the rest and... good luck! It will pass although it is very hard at the time.

Take care

Nona

collide
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by collide » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:07 pm

yeah it is gonna be a really hard week for me...i mean, i wouldn't be so upset i guess if i had known that she was also taking a one week vacation in AUG...i just thought it was the 2 weeks in JULY...anyways, i my made an appt with my Psychiatrist...but it's on a FRI...kinda the end of the week...but i guess that's all that is available..i'm not sure that will help cuz i usually start falling apart in the middle of the week...i don't know...we'll see i guess

collide