Wanting to SI after telling people *si*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

CelophaneFlower
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Wanting to SI after telling people *si*

Post by CelophaneFlower » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:12 pm

Alright, so I came out and told my mom and brother that I SI and have scars. They were sorta ok with it.

But my question is....do any of you ever want to SI even more when people know about it? How do you cope? I though that by telling them that I could be relieved of my urges. Only, I think the urges have heightened.

Thanks for reading.
There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.

~*~hugs are welcome~*~

Unleash the Bats
building community
building community

Post by Unleash the Bats » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:14 pm

im sorry i dont no how to help u, but i just want u to know that i think telling ur parents was an incredibly strong move.
well done x
:blkstar: :redstar: Danix :redstar: :blkstar:

DarkTigress
settling in
settling in

Post by DarkTigress » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:53 pm

I completely understand what you're talking about, my mom knows someone...not completely but to a degree and I think she might no more but tries to deny it. My brother kinda knows as well and my father i believe is clueless. When a friend finds out though, i usually feel like doing it either right after or when i'm going to see them or something. Like i'm crying out for them to notice. I haven't had problems with this lately as my med has made me a zombie but if you need support let me know. Usually I try to stay around people or they drag me out if they think I'm going to do something...
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti" ~Hannibal Lector

~*~*~SI "FREE" 6 MONTHS~*~*~ (personal record of: 6 Months with a few minor slips)

ursula
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by ursula » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:06 pm

Yeah I definitely get that.
Last edited by ursula on Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Scarlett
growing roots
growing roots

Post by Miss Scarlett » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:53 pm

Celophane -

I know where you are coming from. Just wanted to let you know that I read loud and clear.

Often I find that I want to tell people......to try to think in my head that maybe somebody actually does care enough to listen to me blab on and on. So then I make some sort of resolve to actually "out" myself. And I often do. But then....I dunno....I just usually end up fighting fires. I feel more urgy...more worried...more upset... blah.

Then when I feel that way.... more urgy that is.... I feel like I have yet more of a reason to try to cry out and get help from even more people.

It's a vicious vicious cycle.

Anyways...didn't mean to be depressing. :tongue: Just letting ya know that you certainly aren't the only one that feels that way.
~Miss Scarlett~

jamie28

Post by jamie28 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:48 am

you may have to some degree repressed the stress you were feeling about telling (especially if you had been planning it, rather a spontaneous event) and now that you have told those feelings are emerging, making you more anxious. if this is the case, the urges should ease off at least to the "pre-telling" level and maybe more.

jamie

CelophaneFlower
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by CelophaneFlower » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:46 am

Thanks you guys.
Everything that you have all said has really helped. I really appreciate it.
:star:
There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.

~*~hugs are welcome~*~