Not sure

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

BrokenGurl
growing roots
growing roots

Not sure

Post by BrokenGurl » Tue May 31, 2005 5:43 pm

I don't know how to accept the fact that I have so many imperfections.Like all the labels doctors give you and that you have to take meds to function.I just hate myself alot for not being who I want to be.how do ever get past this.anyone know?
speak as though noone's listening....

Wandering
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Wandering » Tue May 31, 2005 7:21 pm

No one is perfect. Well, I'm not convinced being given some labels by doctors and taking meds are imperfections anyway, but if you see them as that then, well, everyone has imperfections.

Who do you want to be?

Take care of you, Andi x
Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember
Visitors welcome!!! : My Place

BrokenGurl
growing roots
growing roots

Post by BrokenGurl » Tue May 31, 2005 7:26 pm

I just don't want "FEEL" nuts.I mean until i started going to doctors i was not really feeling as different as thye make me sound...ya know the dsm book thingy that makes people kinda sad
speak as though noone's listening....

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:50 pm

One of the best ways not to feel "nuts" is to spend as much time doing normal things with people you consider "normal" as possible.

You cannot feel nuts while you are reading a normal novel or eating and ice cream or going ice skating. The times when you feel nuts are when you are at a doctors, when you write in your journal about feeling nuts, when you read too much about emotions and mental illness and when you spend a lot of time with people who do the same things.

Thats not to say you should stop those things, but make sure you do a whole bunch of normal stuff too. And have fun doing it!
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker