whats bugging me and what i'm doing about it *si, su*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

whats bugging me and what i'm doing about it *si, su*

Post by Licentia Poetica » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:23 am

Last ditch attempt to not su, and get some work done tonight to make me feel less overwhelmed:

Problem: I just got the worst mark I've ever got in any sort of exam.

- The mark and rank were awful, yeah okay, but it's not worth so much that you can't make up the marks.
- Your english teacher understands what's going on, it doesn't make you stupid.
- This mark does not mean you cannot do well next time.

Problem: School in general. I'm walking a fine line on even being there and I've been slipping in my marks lately.

- You're *struggling* with depression and anxiety. It's a lot to deal with. You're allowed to be slipping.
- You *can* pick yourself up.
- There are people to help you through this - your T, english teacher, yr 12 mentor, BUS, friends.
- It is a possibility that medication can help. What do you have to lose honestly?
- School is not the be all and end all, there are other ways to get where you want to be.

Problem: My mum is being horrible, and just made a comment that was really out of line and didn't help my really bad day.

- She's a bitch. She has her own issues.
- It is not a reflection on you.
- You told her off - go you! You *never* stand up for yourself... this is a good thing!!
- She's already said you mean nothing to her, forget about her comments, she can never find anything good to say anyway.

Problem: I have self-harm *everywhere* after these last few weeks, I have to work on saturday, and I'm seeing my boyfriend.

- You're working mostly on your own. You can try wearing long sleeves, but not to the point where you're going to pass out from heat from the oven.
- So what if they see. What are they going to do? Fire you, so what, what do you make like... $8 an hour?
- He loves you. He already knows about it, you've had a bad week. He's not going to judge you on it.

*breathes*

okay I can do this I can do this I can do this....

right?
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

Catylyx
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Catylyx » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:18 am

of course you can do this! i believe you can make it through and be strong! *hugs if u want* hope it gets better

--Sammy
<i>I am innocent and I have been set free
I no longer have chains around my feet
And no matter where I go or what they say
I am innocent</i> --Third Day
** 1 YEAR**~~back on the wagon 6/19/06~~

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:06 am

Of course you can get through El.

You've done a really good job here identifying specific problems, and rationalisations to go with each of them. Good on you :)

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:03 pm

Firstly I just want to say well done for writing all that - its shows you do know how to think rationally and also more positively.

Marks are not the end of the world - the only way you can't get a worse one is if you got 0% so you are sure to get both better and worse marks with time - that is if you give yourself the time.

It sounds though that a lot of things are stressing you out. Its good you could break them down like you did. Decide what you can change and what you can't - you can't change the mark, so stop worrying about it. If you have a test soon, then you could spend a bit of time learning.

Don't worry about school too much - try doing what you said you could - go talk to those teachers etc and maybe start meds. Don't give up til you have tried all of the things you mentioned even if you think they won't work and then make a new list of more things you can try.

Hang in there. You can do this.

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker