Listening to urges

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Listening to urges

Post by VowsOfSadness » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:54 am

Just need to see this in writing trying to hold on

how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
It will make it not better at least I know this now. It will make me lose my week and six days and everyone is so proud of me I want teh 2 week for them, and 4 me.

what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
It's what I do. I will not take away anything but depression and hopelessness

how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way? Hurting myself is only a way for me to punish myself, maybe, like my friend G said, i punish myself enough and I don't have to make it physical? I hope. I really don't know how I want to feel or be in the end I guess that's part of teh prob. All I know is how I don't want to be--like before.

if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then? A few minutes before I feel like a piece of shit for doing this for nothing (please say its nothing)

what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then? Watch my fav. southpark episode, cry (no bad Idea), read my book. Use a gumband, it will make me better if I practice better coping skills.

how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
Like crap have to hide disappoint all my friends. If I do the other thinsg I will feel pathetic stupid and weak.

what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now? just cry :bawl:
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:55 am

It's great that you're taking the time to answer these questions and think through.

It makes it easier to understand how you react to situations the next time you feel triggered, whether or not you succeed at not hurting yourself.

Can I ask what happened?

(it's also important to look at what did happen)
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins